NEWTON, Ala. — AngelTrax has introduced a new line of interior and exterior high-definition cameras for school buses and other mass transit vehicles that are designed to improve nighttime and low light video capture.
The cameras feature 800TV-lines of resolution, waterproof IP68 certified stainless-steel housing, and smart infrared technology coupled with advanced dual exposure image processing.
The line includes nine cameras with varying fields of view, ranging from focused 20-degree to wide-angle 120-degree capture.
“We listened to our customers’ needs for even higher quality video and responded by creating nine high-definition cameras that would not only endure extreme conditions experienced on the road, but also reliably capture the highest quality image possible that would consistently stand up in court as admissible evidence,” said Richie Howard, AngelTrax president.
AngelTrax high-definition camera systems have the ability to record in 60 frames per second at 1280x720 resolution. In addition, the proprietary H.4L compression used by AngelTrax DVR systems efficiently compresses video footage, freeing space for more footage stored on board and enhancing hands-free wireless transfer.
Nighttime and low light condition capture, such as dawn and dusk, is now clearer. Built-in smart infrared and super ultra wide dynamic technology allow AngelTrax high-definition cameras to automatically adapt to unpredictable lighting conditions experienced in mobile environments.
The smart infrared technology automatically modifies the luminosity emitted by built-in infrared LEDs to compensate as the subject moves closer or farther away from the camera. The super ultra wide dynamic technology blends together two separate images (a dark exposure and a light exposure) for each frame of video captured by an AngelTrax camera.
Other features include:
• An omni-directional noise-gated microphone that functions as an equalizer by compensating for audio distortions and amplifying desired frequencies, such as the human voice frequency.
• Backlight compensation technology and highlight compensation technology optimize light levels to deliver the best image quality.
• The digital slow shutter feature illuminates typically dark environments by increasing the length of time the shutter remains open to collect additional ambient light.
• 3D/2D dynamic digital noise reduction diminishes grain and noise from video capture to provide clearer capture under poor lighting conditions.
• Digital demist automatically sharpens video that is altered by the elements, such as rain, snow, haze and fog.
• A 90-degree adjustable angle.
• A three-year factory warranty.
The high-definition cameras are compatible with all AngelTrax DVR systems.