PUEBLO, Colo. — School bus drivers and maintenance staff from across the state tested their skills in the Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association’s 2015 school bus roadeo and technician safety contests.
The events were held at Colorado State University, Pueblo, on June 16.
Here are the results of the technician contest:
• 1st — Don Hough, Adams 12 Five Star Schools
• 2nd — Aaron Wilmoth, Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
• 3rd — Justin Beddow, Academy School District 20
• Best in Mechanical Station — Justin Beddow, Academy School District 20
• Best in Inspection Station — Kurt Rostin, Colorado Springs School District 11
• Best in Written Test Station — Aaron Wilmoth, Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Hough and Wilmoth qualify to represent Colorado at the 2015 America’s Best Tech/Inspect competition, which will be held during the National Association for Pupil Transportation Summit in Richmond, Virginia, in November.
Here are the results of the Colorado school bus roadeo:
• 1st — Denise Nelson, Widefield School District 3
• 2nd — Craig Walker, Harrison School District
• 3rd — James Buchanan, Cherry Creek School District
Nelson and Walker qualify to represent Colorado at the 2015 School Bus Driver International Safety Competition, to be held in Minneapolis on July 18 and 19.
1st — Robert Leach and Birt Turnwall, Academy School District 20
2nd — Jesse Hill and Brandon Hill, Academy School District 20
3rd — Chris Fritz and Syd Sertich, Academy School District 20
The top two teams, Leach/Turnwall and Hill/Hill, qualify to represent Colorado at the National Special Needs Team Safety Roadeo in Louisville, Kentucky, in March.