HUDSON, Ohio — AMF Bruns, a supplier of vehicle technology to help disabled passengers, has entered the vehicle modification market.
The supplier provides wheelchair securement, occupant restraint systems, and associated equipment for the safe transportation of wheelchair passengers.
Products offered by AMF Bruns include:
- The PROTEKTOR System Wheelchair and Occupant Restraints, which is designed to provide stabilization for passengers in the event of a collision.
- FutureSafe head and backrest: an adaptable and height-adjustable head and backrest with an integrated certified shoulder belt.
- Sidesteps, which are designed to improve vehicle access for physically challenged passengers to safely enter and exit the vehicle. An electric and a manual option are offered.
- Euroramps that are made of lightweight, non-slip aluminum. They are available in various lengths and widths. Rear and side installation options are available.
- Seats that are certified according to UN/ECE R14, R16, R17, FMVSS. They are available in a variety of designs and colors.
In the 1970s, AMF Bruns developed the first wheelchair safety system and invented the world’s first four-point retractor wheelchair anchoring system, according to the company.
Founded in Germany in 1962, the supplier’s U.S. distribution facility opened in 2013.
“We provide the complete accessories package to safely transport people with limited mobility,” said Steven Kost, operations manager of AMF Bruns of America. “This includes restraints, seating, shoulder harnesses, head and backrests, and side and electric steps.”
See all comments