ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockton School Consortium recently awarded First Student a two-year contract extension to operate and manage a fleet of more than 80 vehicles that serve 14 schools.
The consortium is made up of six school districts and serves more than 7,500 students. The districts that make up the consortium are:
• Rockton School District 140
• Kinnikinnick Community Consolidated School District #131
• Hononegah Community School District 207
• South Beloit Community Unit School District 320
• Prairie Hill School District #133
• Shirland Community Consolidated School District 134
“We are proud to provide thousands of students in the community with the safest way to get to and from school,” said First Student Area General Manager Bob Rutkoski. “Our focus on building close, trusted partnerships with the districts we serve allows us to deliver transportation solutions that really make a difference for students and their families.”
First Student has operated in Illinois for more than 70 years and has nearly 140 school district contracts in the state, according to the company.