GREENSBORO, N.C. — The National School Transportation Association (NSTA) on Tuesday recognized exemplary contributors to the school bus industry.
The association presented the awards during its annual meeting in Greensboro.
"We are very proud of the dedication and commitment this year's honorees have displayed to the industry," NSTA President Todd Monteferrario said. "Each, in their own way, has left a lasting contribution on the school transportation industry, and we commend them for their efforts."
Here are the awards and their recipients:
This award recognizes excellence in service, safety, and community responsibility.
• Rafael Bolanos, Durham School Services, Rosemead, California
• Teresa Cole, First Student, Pittsburgh
• Denise Foote, B.R. Williams, Woodstown, New Jersey
• Karen Jones, Wilson’s Bus Service, Pasadena, Maryland
• Randall Jubb, Jubb’s Bus Service, Glen Burnie, Maryland
• Rob Nelson, Dousman Transport Co., North Prairie, Wisconsin
• Kevin Rhine, Durham School Services, Midwest, Illinois
• Patti Royce-Moser, Educational Bus Transportation, Amityville, New York
• Donald Sinke, Dean Transportation, Lansing, Michigan
• Mike Sloan, First Student, San Francisco
• Greg Walter, Landmark Student Transportation, Ontario, Canada
• Joanne Waterhouse, First Student, Salem, New Hampshire
• Rick Wolff, Ethan Allen Transportation, Kingston, New York
Thomas Built Buses Continuing Education Grant
• Jessica McMillion, Wilson’s Bus Service, Pasadena, Maryland
Outstanding Driver Service
• Bruce Chamberlin, M&M Bus Service, Annandale, Minnesota
• Tiesha Donner, First Student, Jefferson City, Missouri
NSTA's Green School Bus Fleet Certification Program
This award, endorsed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, is bestowed in three levels, depending on the level of fleet particulate matter reduction.
• First Student: Bozeman, Montana; Newtown, Pennsylvania; Portland, Oregon; Waukesha, Wisconsin
• National Express LLC: Durham School Services, Ottumwa, Iowa
• First Student: Gardena, California; McMinnville, Oregon; Orono, Minnesota; Palm Springs, California; Santa Ana, California; Seattle; St. Andrews (Los Angeles), California; West Valley, California
• Huntington Coach: Bayville, New York; Huntington Station, New York; Port Washington, New York; Northport, New York
• National Express LLC: Durham School Services, Indianapolis; Stock Transportation, Halifax, Nova Scotia
• The Trans Group: all 11 locations (the first-ever company-wide certification)
• First Student: Saddleback, California; Upland, California
Go Yellow, Go Green Award
• Cook-Illinois Corp., Oak Brook, Illinois
Hall of Fame Award
• Jim Folkes, Krapf Bus Companies, West Chester, Pennsylvania
• Gary Catapano, First Student, Cincinnati
• Ron Kinney, QET Management Services, Elk Grove, California
Also during the NSTA awards program, School Bus Fleet presented its Contractor of the Year award to Robert Hach.
See all comments