LISLE, Ill. — IC Bus has launched an Imagination Contest for K-8 students to dream up the bus of the future, with a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship and $500 toward a class field trip.
The nationwide contest, which begins today, is part of IC Bus’ new Next Stop initiative. Students are invited to create the school bus of the future in a drawing, poem, video, picture, sculpture, or model.
"The Next Stop: Imagination Contest will allow the youngest of inventors to share their artistic vision of the future of the bus industry," said Trish Reed, vice president and general manager of IC Bus. "We're proud to be a leader in the bus industry, and we're excited to include K-8 students in the process of envisioning the next generation of bus innovation."
All entries will be showcased in an online gallery for a public vote, and two winners will be announced the week of Nov. 7.
"Through its leading dealer network, IC Bus has formed strong connections with pupil transportation departments in the communities we serve," said Mark Johnson, vice president of marketing for Navistar, parent company of IC Bus. "This program extends our relationship to all our stakeholders — including parents, students, teachers, and administrators — to enlist their support in helping us think about and shape the future of the bus industry."
Here are the contest rules:
• Parents and teachers of children in grades K-5 and 6-8 can upload a drawing, poem, video, picture of a sculpture/model, etc. for a chance to win.
• Two winners will each receive $1,000 toward their college fund and a $500 field trip for their class.
• Submissions will be accepted from Sept. 15 through Oct. 13, 2016.
• Voting will take place from Oct. 17 through Oct. 31.
• Two winners (one per age group) will be announced the week of Nov. 7.
• Contest submissions can be uploaded via picture by parents at ICBus.com/Imagine.
• All entries will be publicly showcased for others to see and vote on.
• IC Bus will offer an option to mail entry, and IC Bus will upload to the microsite on the student's behalf.
• A share function allows parents to share their child's entry on social media to "campaign" for extra votes.
The Next Stop is a new IC Bus initiative aimed at imagining the needs of the bus industry's future. For more information, go to ICBus.com/Imagine.
See all comments