BELTON, Mo. — Safe Fleet’s United Against Bullying (UAB) program has announced the winners of its annual coloring contest.
This year, the program held its contest from September through October, and the theme was “Kindness Is Cool.” The coloring sheet featured Buddy the Safety Bear being kind to his friend, Squirrel. The contest reached 1,390 students in cities across North America, with entries submitted by teachers, counselors, school bus drivers, and parents.
The UAB program is the social campaign of Safe Fleet, a provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles. The purpose of the coloring contest campaign and the grant funding available each year is to start conversations on kindness and to stop bullying.
“Keeping children and adults safe is the forefront of everything we do,” said John R. Knox, president and CEO of Safe Fleet. “We will continue to provide contests, funding, and resources to help create respectful environments, to empower young people, and to end bullying.”
This year there were so many excellent entries, especially in the 11-plus years old category, according to Safe Fleet, that honorable mentions were also selected.
Here is the list of winners and honorable mentions, which are divided into categories based on the ages of the students:
Winner, 5 to 7 years old:
• Sydney Constantine-Cowie, Lake Harriet Community School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Honorable Mentions, 5 to 7 years old:
• Jack Wagner William Perrin, St. Edward School, Cynthiana, Kentucky
• Verenice Gonzalez-Vences, Beardsley Elementary School, Elkhart, Indiana
Winner, 8 to 10 years old:
• Harry Park, Richard Bulpitt Elementary School, Langley, British Columbia
Honorable Mentions, 8 to 10 years old:
• Layla Macatangay, Mountview Road Elementary School, Morris Plains, New Jersey
• Shayla Hense, Scott M. Ellis Elementary, Greenville, New York
Winner, 11-plus years old:
• Ashton Nicole Dove, Livingston Central High, Smithland, Kentucky
Honorable Mentions, 11-plus years old:
• Josey Mae Tolley, Livingston Central High, Smithland, Kentucky
• Malisa Lo, Kapolei Middle School, Kapolei, Hawaii
• Josie McCormick, Eastwood Elementary, Elkhart, Indiana
• Janine Hu, École Banting Middle School, Port Moody, British Columbia