Feature articles that drew the most traffic on the School Bus Fleet website in 2018 included tips on school bus safety, electric school buses, and student behavior management.
Here are details on the five most-viewed features of the year.
1. 10 Tips for Keeping the School Bus Secure as Concerns Rise
Experts shared how to help keep school buses and sites secure, and manage students’ concerns about their safety. Including bus drivers in security plans and reporting suspicious behavior are key.
2. 5 Questions: Dennis Maple on First Student’s New Tech, Solutions Service
The First Student president shared details on new developments, including mobile apps, paperless shop technology, and a division that offers consulting, routing, and other solutions.
3. Electric School Buses Take to the Road: Real-World Results
Operators saw reliable and quieter operation, fuel cost savings, and longer brake life. They recommended partnering with utility companies, installing charging infrastructure before receiving buses, and extensive driver training.
4. School Bus Maintenance Staff Seeks, Shares Regen Solution
Working as a team, a shop in an Ohio district’s transportation department reduced regeneration incidents by about 80%, and shared the solution with other technicians.
5. Tennessee District Adds Behavior Monitors, Drops Disciplinary Referrals
With five rotating bus monitors, Dickson County Schools worked to improve student behavior, boosting safety for drivers and passengers.