BELTON, Mo. — Safe Fleet announced on Thursday the winners of its 2018 United to End Bullying (UEB) Be Kind Coloring and Poster Contest.
This year, a total of 2,878 entries were submitted across North America, with 11 winners selected to receive prizes and grants for kindness or bullying prevention initiatives at their schools.
“Providing students with the education and support to be resilient, and put an end to bullying are essential in today’s schools,” said Bob Parks, Safe Fleet's vice president of human resources and UEB executive sponsor. “Teaching students that when a peer speaks up for a classmate being bullied, the bullying stops within 10 seconds, 57% of the time, is a strong defense for abusive behavior.”
Safe Fleet recently rebranded UEB, its anti-bullying program, to highlight the company’s commitment to end bullying and keep children safe.
Below is a full list of the 2018 contest winners:
• K-1 Coloring Contest: Winner – Anna, Ocean Acres Elementary School, New Jersey
Runner-up: Olivia, Lake Harriet Community School – Lower Campus, Minnesota
• Grades 2-3 Coloring Contest: Winner – Melanie, Chicod Elementary School, North Carolina
Runner-up: Smith, Cooper’s Crossing School, Alberta
• Grades 4-5 Coloring Contest: Winner – Amber, Lake Harriet Community School – Upper Campus, Minnesota
Runner-up: Lola, Arcola School, Saskatchewan
• Grades 6-7 Poster Contest: Winner – Riley, Annie B. Jamieson Elementary School, British Columbia
Runner-up: Hayden, Sparwood Secondary School, British Columbia
• Grades 8-9 Poster Contest: Winner – Rubi, Lompoc Valley Middle School, California
Runner-up: Elda, Lompoc Valley Middle School, California
• Grades 10+ Poster Contest: Winner – Malisa, Kapolei High School, Hawaii