ANNANDALE, Minn. — The Minnesota School Bus Operators Association (MSBOA) recognized several drivers at its annual summer conference in June.
Six school bus drivers from around the state were selected for the 2019 Transportation Specialist Awards this year. The drivers were nominated by their supervisors for representing the best of the best in school transportation.
The applications were judged by the Minnesota Office of Pupil Transportation Safety on criteria such as years of service, dedication to safety, community service achievements, communication with school staff, and letters of recommendation from parents, coworkers, students and school staff.
The 2019 Transportation Specialist Awards were presented to:
- Libby Smith, Faribault Transportation Co Inc., Faribault
- Jeff Lundquist, M & M Bus Service, Annandale
- Pam Boomgaarden, Palmer Bus Service, Shakopee
- Jerry Koellner, Bluff Country School Bus Service, Lake City
- Marc Peters, Rehbein Transit Co., Circle Pines
- Tom Yahnka, Palmer Bus Service, Cottonwood
In addition to the award, a $1,000 check was awarded in each driver’s name to go toward a scholarship fund for deserving youth in the school district they serve.
The MSBOA was created in 1948 to focus efforts on school bus safety for its passengers in the state of Minnesota. More information on the organization is available at www.msboa.com. This was the 26th annual award ceremony.