SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — Transfinder experienced several milestones in 2013, including revenue growth of 10%, expansion of its products and services and an increase in its staff.
Revenue grew from $7,850,000 in 2012 to $8,605,000 in 2013, and the company added 157 new clients. Transfinder’s record-breaking year also included closing the year with a 23% increase in orders.
"We ended 2013 with a bang, and we will be making a lot more noise in 2014," said Antonio Civitella, president and CEO.
He attributed the increase in orders to an increase in demand for efficiency in operations.
Civitella recapped the highlights of 2013 at his annual State of the Union company meeting, held at Transfinder’s headquarters at 440 State St. in Schenectady:
• Sustained double-digit revenue growth for the past 16 years;
• Named to the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private sector companies for the eighth consecutive year;
• Achieved recognition as one of the best places to work in the capital region by the Albany Business Review;
• Increased community sponsorships by donating to Proctors Educational Programs and donating 263 backpacks to the regional food bank for the Thanksgiving food drive;
• Celebrated the grand opening of a new $7 million corporate headquarters in downtown Schenectady;
• Celebrated 25 years in business and achieved two record-breaking quarters, reaching more than $1 million in sales in both the first and fourth quarters; and
• Expanded services to the Caribbean, adding Puerto Rico to its list of clients.
"While 2013 was a great year, we're keeping our feet on the gas," Civitella said. "We'll be celebrating many more milestones this time next year as we expand service offerings, enter new market segments and start doing business overseas."