ALBANY, N.Y. — The National Association for Pupil Transportation has named the winners of its 2013 National School Bus Safety Poster Contest.
The theme for this year’s contest was “At my Stop — You Stop!” Jaeho Lee of Portland, Ore., was the overall winner of the contest. Lee also placed first in Division I.
Here are the other winners:
Division I (kindergarten through second grade)
• First place and overall winner: Jaeho Lee of Portland, Ore.
• Second place: Tarun Kumar of Sewickley, Pa.
• Third place: Lindsey Larrimore of Port Orange, Fla.
Division II (third grade through fifth grade)
• First place: Natalia Wyszkowski of Derby, Conn.
• Second place: Savann Spadalik of North Massapeque, N.Y.
• Third place: Jennifer Russell of Port Orange, Fla.
Division III (sixth grade through eighth grade)
• First place: Rachelle Marie Quinonz of Kapolei, Hawaii
• Second place: Abigail Eom of Portland, Ore.
• Third place: Hannah Svihel of Coon Rapids, Minn.
Division IV (special education)
• First place: Samantha from Portland, Ore.
• Second place: Shameka Thomas of Quitman, Miss.
• Third place: Jeniya Williams of Port Orange, Fla.
Division V (computer aided drawing)
• First place: Samantha Hawkins of Georgetown, Del.
Division VI (international)
• First place: Cayce Sherer of Misawa, Japan
The theme for this year’s poster contest — “At my Stop — You Stop!” — will be the theme of next year’s National School Bus Safety Week.
The theme for next year’s National School Bus Safety Poster Contest is “Be Smart — Be Seen, I Wait in a Safe Place!”