The honors were presented at the Minnesota School Bus Operators Association’s annual summer conference on June 10 in Grand Rapids, Minn.
The drivers were nominated by their supervisors as people who exemplify the “best of the best” in school transportation. The applications were judged on criteria such as years of service, dedication to safety, community service achievements, communication with school staff, and letters of recommendation from parents, co-workers, students and school staff.
Here are the 2013 Transportation Specialists:
• Annie Knapp, Faribault Transportation, Faribault
• Josh Pensak, Voyageur Bus Co., Duluth
• Brian Salmela, NorTran Inc., Deer River
• Mark Schjenken, NorTran Inc., Deer River
• Tracey Walker, Bluff Country School Bus Service Inc., Lake City
• Kyle Brown, Vision of Elk River Inc., Elk River
In addition to the award, a $1,000 check was awarded in each driver’s name to go toward a scholarship fund for deserving youth in the school district he or she serves.
This was the Minnesota School Bus Operators Association’s 21st annual awards ceremony.