SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — Transfinder reported on Tuesday that it reached several corporate milestones in 2011, including double-digit revenue growth.
The school transportation management solutions provider also added 169 new clients, expanded its products and services, and increased its staff from 45 to 60.
Revenues grew from $5.8 million in 2010 to $6.5 million, a 13.5 percent increase.
"Our growth this year demonstrates that we are meeting the needs of school districts that are trying to find ways to increase transportation efficiencies and reduce costs,” said Antonio Civitella, president and CEO of Transfinder. “We have been fortunate to be able to offer products and services that meet these needs and have grown the company as a result. At the same time, we continue to enhance and expand our product line and services to benefit our clients for the long term."
Civitella recapped the highlights of 2011 at his annual “State of the Union” company meeting on Monday:
• Started groundbreaking for a new corporate headquarters in downtown Schenectady to accommodate up to 125 high-tech jobs at Transfinder.
• Expanded the staff in client services, client relations, development and quality assurance to support a growing client base.
• Created a new professional services division to consult with school districts seeking to improve their transportation operations, manage change and reduce transportation costs.
• Released version 10.0 of the company's flagship routing solution, Routefinder Pro, offering new features and functionality for student attendance tracking and boundary planning options for redistricting.
• Held another successful National Client Conference in San Antonio, attracting more than 200 attendees from 29 states and Canada.
"2011 has been a banner year for the company, with significant revenue and employment growth as well as expansion of our products and services,” Civitella added. “I believe the company has reached a new platform of performance and fully expect 2012 to be a record year."