Carpenters still on the road?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  6:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These are the best photos I can manage.

Go to Top of Page

2004icfe

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Far's I Know Ashland Independent Schools (KY) Still Running Their 2 1995 Carpenter Internationals 34 Pass
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think I saw them back in December still sitting there. I think Greenup Co's Crown was missing though...wonder if it is gone.
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  7:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always enjoy seeing the Carpenters still, I'd actually like to have the Crown Classic my District has, only bus with hyd. brakes, still goin, great bus.

Anyone seen this website?

http://savethecarpenters.blinkweb.com/index.html

My School Bus Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler_officer/

Edited by - 08BBVision on 02/17/2012 8:59:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  3:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision
Anyone seen this website?

http://savethecarpenters.blinkweb.com/index.html

Oh yes, I made that website as a joke three years ago. I don't remember any of the login in stuff so I can't change anything on there.

Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  6:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol, I didn't see it as a joke, I feel bad for all the mistreated Carpenters.

Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  8:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of our spare buses. 1998-99 Crown International. Love this bus.

Go to Top of Page

thewallfan

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  2:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My district only has one left. and its being used as the band bus.

IC your CE
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  09:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thewallfan

I was just down in Charleston South Carolina and saw a few 1996-99 Crown By Carpenters. I also saw a few 1980s Blue Bird S-Series 6 row buses running around!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  09:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

quote:

I was just down in Charleston South Carolina and saw a few 1996-99 Crown By Carpenters. I also saw a few 1980s Blue Bird S-Series 6 row buses running around!!

Off topic, but did you see any of our Ward Senators?
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  04:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jake

quote:
Originally posted by Jared

quote:

Off topic, but did you see any of our Ward Senators?

No I dont believe that I did.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

moonbeeme

2 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  2:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit moonbeeme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichBusman

Disturbing that something like that could pass an inspection.

Even more disturbing that a district could be in such bad shape to have a vehicle like that pull up to pick up children.

Yes, very disturbing indeed!!! In AZ that would never have passed inspection!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jkronmill

1 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  5:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit jkronmill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am purchasing a 1998 IH Crown in about 2 days. Can anyone give me info on them or guideance as to obtaining manuals, spec sheets or any other info you feel I should have. It will be getting a new lease on life as a converted motorhome. Thanks!
Jim
Go to Top of Page

FrankP

53 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  5:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our state (Massachusetts) took them off the road for school use several years ago because of roof weld issues. I miss my old Carpenter :(
Go to Top of Page

thewallfan

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  4:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A local school had one as a spare last year, but may have gotten rid of it, and some church in Ashland Ohio has about 3 of them as church buses, but still painted yellow.

IC your CE

Edited by - thewallfan on 09/13/2012 4:28:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  2:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are still quite a few older Carpenters still in service across Louisiana.
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  2:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some still left in Oklahoma. Most of the districts that had large numbers of Carpenters began using the buses only in town on routes. They quit using them on field trips due to safety concerns with the roof bows. I've never been a Carpenter fan, and I'm not even sure who the dealer was in Oklahoma. It may have been Ross who is now the Blue Bird dealer. I did like the Chancellor RE as well as the RE model with the rear emergency exit door. Kind of interesting!
Go to Top of Page

spin76

26 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  4:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit spin76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are very few still floating around in Mid-Michigan. Most of the ones that I am aware of are being used as spares now. A district near Battle Creek has quite a few of them, some of which are still on the road and some that were just retired this year.
Go to Top of Page

spin76

26 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  4:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit spin76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Carpenter951

Here is a pic of 25 year old Mitchell Built Carpenter #17 from two weeks ago still on her route, serving her original owner with pride!! Nothing beats an IHC S series :)

That's beautiful! I wish there were some of those still up here in MI! I like the S series on a Thomas myself though
Go to Top of Page

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2012 :  12:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Integrity Transportation in South Jersey has a few 1999 and 2000 Carpenters left (some Crowns, with the Spartan logo). They get all of their buses from Sheppard Bus Service. There's a new company in Tennant called IC Bus Corp. (not to be confused with the body manufacturer) that got five castoffs from Integrity. I think Holcomb down there also has some Carpenters too, possibly also ex-Sheppard.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2012 :  11:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Carpenter is still serving in Niagara Falls, NY. I see it on the road quite often with the same driver, so I assume it's still running routes. In fact I just saw it 2-3 days ago. This is the only Carpenter in their fleet. I know it says "Crown" but it's a Carpenter as far as I'm concerned. This is one of their nicest older buses, how some of their buses pass an inspection blows my mind.

Go to Top of Page

esgameofsk8

6 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  5:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit esgameofsk8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WayneCustom

Integrity Transportation in South Jersey has a few 1999 and 2000 Carpenters left (some Crowns, with the Spartan logo). They get all of their buses from Sheppard Bus Service. There's a new company in Tennant called IC Bus Corp. (not to be confused with the body manufacturer) that got five castoffs from Integrity. I think Holcomb down there also has some Carpenters too, possibly also ex-Sheppard.

Yeah, in fact I rode those Crown and Carpenters as a kid about 10 years ago, as I rode Sheppard Buses to school. I even got to drive several of em my first year driving at Sheppard, before they sold em to Integrity. Yes, Integrity, Holcomb, T&L, and McGough (where I drive now) have old 2000's Carpenters (originally from Sheppard) that are BARELY holding up!!!!!!

Edited by - esgameofsk8 on 10/02/2012 5:25:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  5:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never condoned the use of the "Crown" name on those crappy buses. To me a Crown Coach will always be one of those big 90 passenger dual axle Hall-Scott engine mounted amidships beasts that to this day climb the hills of California.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000