Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  1:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolBusFan

Now the best rear engine I think goes to Thomas' HDX. The Saf-T-Liner ER's were good in appearance. Blue Bird's is okay to me. The IC RE, again, I hate where the grille is located.

I love those HDX's, but my school district isn't getting any. I think the reason they stopped buying Thomases in 2003 was because the MVPs were discontinued (it's just a guess). [When] were the MVP's discontinued, anyway?

Anyway, now they buy Blue Birds, some of the ugliest, crappiest busses in my opinion. They got 9 AA FE's and a few MicroBirds in 2003, and none in 2004 (budget problems). I wonder what they're going to get this summer (if they get any at all).

There are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who can't.
Go to Top of Page

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  1:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

quote:
Originally posted by pcbuilder03

Has anyone seen that Bluebird/Volvo combo in the link in Jared's sig? It looks like a prototype of a copy off the C2. But of course, because it's a Blue Bird, it's gotta be ugly. I think it's a tie between that and that Chickasha thing.

haha, I appreciate the honesty

Heh, no offense; I didn't realize you drew that.

Go to Top of Page

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  1:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, it says "Active Member" under my username. I guess it must go by post counts, because this is the first time I've visited this forum since like Neovember or December!

Go to Top of Page

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  4:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Ugliest Bus is the Blue Bird Mini Bird

Edited by - Drew19 on 06/12/2005 4:27:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC Guy

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  04:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit IC Guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blue Bird Vision
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  12:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People say the Blue Bird Vision is the ugliest. I use to too.....Until I got one! I hated the Vision, I thought they were so ugly unitl I got to drive one. Now I think they are the best looking buses around! Next to a snubby, they are the greatest for visablity. I think the ugliest bus now is the Vista. Yuck, but I shouldn't knock it until I get to drive one!

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  7:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I missed this topic when it first appeared so I'll post now. I can't believe how many of you all hate the DK & NBC buses, I think those were awsome looking buses just because well they were simple (like Carpenters or Waynes). Anyway I think theres a few ugly buses, not just one (well that's more of a lie really). I think the ugliest buses are...The Wayne-Papoose, The 80s BB-MicroBirds, OLD Wards (sorry), The Vision (that's #1 really), and lastly would be Gilligs. But really the Vision is the leader of that group in ugliness.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

TMack8402

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  9:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit TMack8402's Homepage  Send TMack8402 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anything that is Blue Bird!!! BLUE BIRD buses look crappy!!! I'm glad North Carolina is strictly IC and Thomas.

School Bus Post: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Schoolbuspost
Go to Top of Page

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  12:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TMack8402

Anything that is Blue Bird!!! BLUE BIRD buses look crappy!!! I'm glad North Carolina is strictly IC and Thomas.

I really don't like any of 'em either. I was raised with Thomases, so I think the BBs are gross looking. Those fake black grilles, the punched in area arounf the flashers, the black around the taillights . . . ugh!

Edited by - pcbuilder03 on 06/15/2005 12:44:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  12:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Actually you don't have to have the black around the rear tail lights. I don't like that either. I would chose to delete that feature.
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  7:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like the black oval around tail lights, I think it's a good eye-opener for someone who is traveling behind the bus. Carpenter also had this oval from 93-96.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

Isellbuses
Top Member

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  05:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought you might like this one.

Ugly Bus

A bus carrying only ugly people crashes into an oncoming truck, and everyone inside dies. They then get to meet their maker, and because of the grief they have experienced; He decides to grant them one wish each, before they enter Paradise.

They're all lined up, and God asks the first one what the wish is. "I want to be gorgeous," and so God snaps His fingers, and it is done.

The second one in line hears this and says "I want to be gorgeous too."

Another snap of His fingers and the wish is granted.
This goes on for a while but when God is halfway down the line, the last guy in line starts laughing. When there are only ten people left, this guy is rolling on the floor, laughing.
Finally, God reaches this guy and asks him what his wish will be.

The guy calms down and says: " Make 'em all ugly again."
Go to Top of Page

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  12:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Isellbuses

Thought you might like this one.

Ugly Bus

A bus carrying only ugly people crashes into an oncoming truck, and everyone inside dies. They then get to meet their maker, and because of the grief they have experienced; He decides to grant them one wish each, before they enter Paradise.

They're all lined up, and God asks the first one what the wish is. "I want to be gorgeous," and so God snaps His fingers, and it is done.

The second one in line hears this and says "I want to be gorgeous too."

Another snap of His fingers and the wish is granted.
This goes on for a while but when God is halfway down the line, the last guy in line starts laughing. When there are only ten people left, this guy is rolling on the floor, laughing.
Finally, God reaches this guy and asks him what his wish will be.

The guy calms down and says: " Make 'em all ugly again."

LMAO!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blue Bird Vision

~Jake~

Edited by - Jake on 07/05/2005 07:06:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

BOBSTILLHASNOROUTEOK

Laos
8 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  7:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my carpertnter 1986 ihc is ugly has rusty door and ripped up seat. somebody spraypaint dirty word on side because he dont like me.i wonder why?
Go to Top of Page

TMack8402

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  09:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit TMack8402's Homepage  Send TMack8402 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

Blue Bird Vision
Thomas ER's

~Jake~

Thomas ER's? You gotta be kidding me! Anything Thomas looks better than Blue Bird or WARD!

School Bus Post: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Schoolbuspost
Go to Top of Page

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  10:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, really! What's wrong with the Thomas ER's? I like 'em!

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pcbuilder03

Yeah, really! What's wrong with the Thomas ER's? I like 'em!

Agreed! I've loved the Thomas ER since the very first time I saw one which was January or February of 1990 when my district got it's very first transit bus since the 1950s.Here's a link to that bus:
http://www.schoolbusenthusiast.com/december_2004/thomas_er_clarkstown-112.html

Since then, the Thomas ER has evolved into the current HDX and remains my favorite of the rear engines. The newer Blue Bird All American REs are a close second.
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  11:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Can somebody tell me the name of what thomas called their RE's in the 1980s?

Thomas ER...lol
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Pusher" or "Diesel Pusher" is a term used for any rear engined bus be it city, school or tour ect.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  12:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Post removed

Edited by - Jake on 07/05/2005 07:12:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  12:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Even though they aren't around in my area, they are in Kentucky. I have never seen the 1980, or early 90 style but have seen a few of the pre-HDX models.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

ThomasER0005
Top Member

USA
576 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  5:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is two 2000 thomas mvp er at my school district and i am lucky enough to drive one. Ive seen 2 of the same type setting at the bus garage in the next county from me.

Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  10:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Isellbuses

I don't know about this one.

http://www.schoolbuscentral.com/gallery/manufacturers/gillig/1_86_pha_ca.htm

What do you think? And a special thanks to School Bus Central for what I think has to be the best picture gallery collection of school buses anywhere. I have sent the URL to friends in Europe and Asia.

That thing looks more like a San Francisco street car, than a school bus.
Go to Top of Page

72Corsair
Top Member

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  10:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im gonna say the C2 has my vote.
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  12:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
San Fransisco street car? Where is the resemblance? I see a Gillig Phantom. I thought it was a sharp bus. Aerodynamic for the time, high ceiling throughout entire bus, outstanding chassis, massive power train offerings.

Doesn't look or appear at all like a street car.
Go to Top of Page

wolfman01

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  7:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ehh, I might've messed up on that one. Can somebody tell me the name of what thomas called their RE's in the 1980s? Thats what I ment. Sorry. I like thomas's style, but the front, It just doesn't catch my attention.

Nah, my 82 Transitliner looks just as good as the 90's models:

http://priuschat.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=1337

Proud owner of "ol Smokey", a 1982 Thomas Transitliner ER, bus #40 retired from Texas A&M University. Its currently in the process of being converted for it's second life as an R.V.

Edited by - wolfman01 on 07/01/2005 7:17:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdBoi3037

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  06:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What bus are you refering to? The one that is opened automatically with the link???

"I drive a 2005 Thomas C2!"
Go to Top of Page

themikepeng

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  11:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit themikepeng's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 78fordwayne

quote:
Originally posted by Drew19

The Ugliest Bus is the Blue Bird Mini Bird

Oh come on I love those buses

THANK YOU! I love those buses too! the sharp edges and simple retro style are awesome even for those who don't like how it looks, remember that school buses are designed with form followed by function in mind, and the mini bird remained in production for around 25 years, without it the type b bus would have died out long ago, and the only reason they died out in the first place is because type As entered the market! ugliest bus would be the papoose for sure, then the van cons are discusting and vision isn't all that appealing either(can some one tell me why ppl like those? aren't the visions a bit overrated?)

model school bus collector! website
https://sites.google.com/site/modelschoolbuses/
my personal fleet
https://sites.google.com/site/modelschoolbuses/my-fleet
my store
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/schoolbusmodels
youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/lolfunnycp
Go to Top of Page

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  05:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chickasaw, Wayne Papoose, Thomas Vista seem to be the consensus here, but I would also think the early model Collins and US Bus units qualify too. I think when you make your little buses look a lot like your big buses, it's a win for models like the Wayne Chaperone II, Blue Bird SRW and DRW, and the IC BE.
Go to Top of Page

bbvision12

43 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  10:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbvision12's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That new Starcraft Quest XL...makes the Starcraft/Hino combo look beautiful! :)
Go to Top of Page

themikepeng

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  08:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit themikepeng's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbvision12

That new Starcraft Quest XL...makes the Starcraft/Hino combo look beautiful! :)

That bus doen't look very well put together, especially with the copied Chevy Suburban lights! It reminds me of when the Chumpion CTS copied the Ford E350 headlights!

model school bus collector! website
https://sites.google.com/site/modelschoolbuses/
my personal fleet
https://sites.google.com/site/modelschoolbuses/my-fleet
my store
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/schoolbusmodels
youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/lolfunnycp
Go to Top of Page

Harvestman

4 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2016 :  7:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harvestman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to the Mid Bus SC. The only bus that managed to make the 90s International cowl look ugly.

Not quite up there with the Wayne Papoose, but still.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000