Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2002 saf-t-liner fault
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  10:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
driver said that bus flashed the check engine light last night on activity route and lost all power/no pedal. She restarted the bus a time or two and got it back to the barn but the light shut off. This morning I brought it inside at idle because there was no throttle but the high idle switch would still bump up the idle when parked. picked up a new TPS sensor and installed and tested. Bus runs and has throttle but check engine light comes on at idle, bring it up to 1k rpm with the pedal and light shuts off. Reinstalled old TPS and now it runs fine with no check engine light. thoughts??

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  10:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh, it has a CAT 3126 and I do not have access to engine software.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  03:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
spread pin on connector to tps, does this tps come with a jumper harness that goes up behind dash , wonder if its like the old Cummins where you have to do a full throttle a couple times with koeo(key on engine off) can't see it but worth a shot

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2019 :  08:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I was able to get the new TPS to work, it needed to be in the pedal housing so the computer could see it turned slightly. ran good for a week and now she came in from route this morning with a similar problem. Now it flashes the check engine light and drops out the throttle for a couple seconds and then starts working again and the light goes out. driver said it did it about a dozen times this morning on route. Does anyone happen to have a wiring schematic for this type of bus for the throttle circuit? I have had problems with rubbed trans wires on this bus where they go through the under body storage I usually just run new wires but I am wondering if it has started to rub on this harness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000