New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  11:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let you guys know what is going on in the insurance industry. Our fleet vehicle got hit in the rear by a person insured by USAA. Took it to the body shop and got an estimate. Our body shop is the most honest guy I have ever met. I have known him for years...low over head and prices cheaper than other shops around. He wrote us a fair estimate. USAA has hired an AUDITOR instead of an appraiser. Their business name is ASI or Audit Service, Inc. They do not send anyone out like the appraisers we have worked so well with over the years. USAA sent the estimate to the "auditor" who's job is NOT to be fair and impartial but to low ball the body shop. They lowballed the hourly rate and each of the labor times and the parts prices. Our body shop did NOT agree to their ridiculous request. Then, there was hidden damage and the body shop called the "auditor" who could do nothing (of course). They had to call USAA directly multiple times, who took over close to 2 weeks to get a person who worked with "specialized" vehicles to call the body shop. Then, it went flawlessly as the new person behaved like an appraiser and who authorized all of the repairs right away via pictures and estimate. Beware of USAA and beware of companies using "auditors" instead of appraisers. They are a pain, cause extra frustration for the customer and for the body shop and lengthen the repair process. Plus, it leaves a bad taste for people who are trying to get the vehicles back on the road. In my opinion, just another step down for our industry as they "corporatize." Have a nice weekend all!

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  04:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I have trouble with another insurance company I just turn it over to our insurance company. They listen to them. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  07:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here, except I don't even START with anyone else's insurance company. I just call ours, tell them about the incident, and they handle it. I figure that is what we pay them all the money for...they can argue about stupid crap. Hahaha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000