New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  07:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this c2 with code 689 and 2321 i am running down the diagnostic tree and i am at the part where its telling me to take sensor out and inspect for metal shavings but is not the crank sensor on the front of engine reading off of the harmonic balance or am i at the wrong sensor the diagnostic tree makes it sound like it thru the block reading right off the crank but i see no sensor that would be in the area to do that any help on location of this sensor its a 2013 c2 cummins isb 6.7

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
640 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  02:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
both for crankcase sensor its the one that reads the wheel on the balancer outside of engine , I have seen the four front mount bolts for the engine mount fall out and engine drops on cross member only falls about 1/2 an inch , maybe one of the teeth are bent or bad sensor

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2018 :  07:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello , reading the flow chart I see it says for location could be in various spots. Looking at the Cummins pictures for the cm2350 6.7 shows the crank sensor on the front crank. Some times if I am not sure on the particular sensor I just unplug them [say you have 3 temp sensors] and let it code for a open circuit code, if I have the wrong sensor I will see it right away. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000