Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Mercedes engine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RookieB

5 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  07:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RookieB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2004 MBE 900 that won't build boost pressure. It was originally brought in for head gasket leaking. Replaced head gasket and installed refurbished head. Now it won't build boost pressure. CAC has been replaced due to leak found during pressure test. Turbo has been replaced due to actuator sticking and pressure sensor replaced due to soot build up. Anyone have an idea of what else to look at and find the problem?

jerrymill

4 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit jerrymill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check for a rag or some other thing that can block the hose if it happened after you fix it it might be something you did been there
Go to Top of Page

RookieB

5 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  08:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit RookieB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Checked and found no rags or another blockage in system.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  11:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also check for plugged muffler/exhaust

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

RookieB

5 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  12:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit RookieB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked exhaust and it's not plugged. Also checked the EGR valve for proper operation.
Go to Top of Page

RookieB

5 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2018 :  03:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit RookieB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found the problem. I got a bad rebuilt turbo. I stalled new turbo(not a reman) and problem solved. Thanks for everyones input on this problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000