ABS issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  10:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have 2 buses with ABS lights on I used a Genisys 3.0 and it tells me one is Left axle and one is a right axle . But doesn't say if it's front or rear ? The one I tested today says it has an error code of 3 and a 9 .Is there a better program to use to diagnose abs sensors for air brakes ? If so what and where do I get it . Right now I have NED . will that do it ? Thanks

Shopdog

11 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  12:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shopdog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I downloaded software directly from Meritor Wabco and it covers all of their products. I think it cost around $500 or so but it is worth it.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  1:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can download bendix from Bendix for free.

http://www.bendix.com/en/servicessupport/abssoftware/acomdiagnosticsdownload/genericform.jsp

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  08:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll need a laptop with an interface box to run Bendix (probably Wabco too - we don't have any). But you should have one anyway to diagnose your engines and transmissions.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  3:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do I use the same connection device I use with my IC program . Nexiq II ? So I plug her in and bring up my Bendix program and it will do the rest ?
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2018 :  03:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WABCO first screen will be a big white box pick 1708 (middle of big box) then click on system preference and select usb2 1708 and then click on blue truck
after this you pick trailer with skid marks behind it and theres your codes and trouble shooting
BENDIX first big box then lower right corner loooks like a truck and scales pick this select your usb2 then exit and the top left cornes click on search for ecm it should find then hook up
i did this by memory it might be off by a bit

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000