Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 AM/FM speakers won't work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  08:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2016 BB All American that all of the speakers quit working. I changed the radio, INT/EXT switch and don't know where to go next. Any ideas?
ED

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  11:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's like my 2014's, they are wired in series. If any one of the speakers fails and is an open circuit, they all quit.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  06:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, we have the issue all the time. The drivers crank their radios up so loud when they're empty that they'll blow a speaker and then they all quit working. They're like the old Christmas tree lights. Get a little jumper wire and connect the spades on each speaker until they start working. That's the one to replace. That said, we have seen multiples that are harder to diag.
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  05:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well... I have been having some other electrical issues on this bus also. Seems like we have been getting water in the electrical system panel. Relays have been corroded on the fuse panel. If I ground out the wires at the plug in for the speakers at the radio I can get each side to all work as they should. I thing I have a corroded ground somewhere that is causing the problem but now to find out where,
ED
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2018 :  11:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an update on this problem, I tried to find any wiring problems and couldn't find anything so I ordered a new INT/EXT switch and that solved the problem. I know this sounds stupid but I had tried the old switch earlier in another bus of the same vintage and it worked in the other bus.I again tried it on the other bus after i got the new switch and it worked on that bus. This doesn't make sense but it happened. Live and learn I guess.
Ed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000