IC new style hydromax issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2018 :  04:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2018 IC, new style hydromax hydraulic brake system.

We took delivery of 2 of these buses over the summer. This past week, both of them started to have "low brake pressure" lights coming on intermittently. Service brakes operate normally when this is happening.

Also, when the key is shut off, occasionally the hydromax boost pump will run with no input from the brake pedal. While this was happening, I verified that the brake lights were not on and I tried disconnecting the switch at the brake pedal and that didn't change anything.

I called the dealership yesterday and they have one in their shop that is doing the same thing but they don't have an answer yet. He suggested disconnecting anything with GPS (cameras, Synovia) but that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas on these things?

Note: This problem seems to only be happening on 2018's. Our 2017's have not had any issues like this at all.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2018 :  04:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you say disconnecting Synovia, do you mean just from it's plug that goes into the data port under the dash (option you may not have) or are you unplugging it entirely from it's taps to things like park brake, lights, etc (again, option you may not have)? Also from it's power sources? I could see how something could feed back and confuse the controllers. Same with camera if it taps into anything.

I like Synovia and their support, but the intallers (contracted) left a lot to be desired. I do my own installs on new buses now.

Please keep up updated and I'll ask if my dealer has heard anything like this, but to be fair there aren't many hyrdo brake buses in these parts.
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2018 :  06:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

When you say disconnecting Synovia, do you mean just from it's plug that goes into the data port under the dash (option you may not have) or are you unplugging it entirely from it's taps to things like park brake, lights, etc (again, option you may not have)? Also from it's power sources? I could see how something could feed back and confuse the controllers. Same with camera if it taps into anything.

I like Synovia and their support, but the intallers (contracted) left a lot to be desired. I do my own installs on new buses now.

Please keep up updated and I'll ask if my dealer has heard anything like this, but to be fair there aren't many hyrdo brake buses in these parts.

We don't have Synovia connected to the data port. By disconnecting it, I was referring to pulling the fuses. I will agree that the Synovia installs were less than desirable...
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2018 :  07:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd unplug the harnesses from the Synovia LMU (wherever they stuck it) and ensure it cannot possibly ground out to anything while unplugged. Mine look at the warning lights, park brake, door and a "panic button" for example. A trickle back from the LMU through one of those could be enough to confuse a computer!

Also check how they grounded that system. I moved mine to the actual ground studs instead of how they did it.
Go to Top of Page

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  12:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our 2018 IC bus was doing the same thing took it to the dealer its still under warrenty. I Know toled them to replace the brake pedal switch, and it took care of the problem.
Go to Top of Page

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  04:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious did you get the brake issue fixed and what was the fix?
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  10:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dealership still doesn't know what's wrong with it. They want to try putting in a new pressure switch (part number 4052584C1). This switch goes into one of the steel lines coming off the master cylinder. Unfortunately, there aren't any in stock anywhere and they don't know when the part will be available. I'll update this when I find out more about it.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  1:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tell them to take one off a lot unit..... you have already paid for it and it sitting parked.
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2018 :  03:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: The dealership replaced the pressure switch located in the rear brake line just inches away from the master cylinder and that seems to have taken care of the problem. Part number is 4052584C1.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000