Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2012 International Lights Intermittent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

13 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2018 :  09:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all and good day. I have a 2012 International in this fleet and have been told by the driver that sometimes the left blinkers don't work and sometimes they do. Also same story with 8 ways. Driver also said on occasion she will have the bus shut off keys in hand sleeping child check disarmed and the red 8 ways will be flashing for a while they eventually shut off. Has anyone here experienced this behavior from an IH before. I am assuming there has to a module somewhere that is at the heart of this issue. Thanks for any help you can give.

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2018 :  4:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its been 4 or 5 years since I have worked on an Int'l, but they used to use a yellow module "Weldon 7000", that controls the 8 ways. When these burn up or get moisture in them, funny things happen. As for the turn signal problem, I would guess the turn signal switch, or "multifunctional switch" as some call it, is probably going bad.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2018 :  06:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our 2012 IC buses do not use a weldon module. The alternating lights are operated through the body control module.
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  05:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have another vehicle with the same control module that you can switch and see if the problem persists? We have 2014 bluebirds that use the body control module and that is how we have diagnosed bad modules. If these modules get moisture in them, lights go haywire.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

13 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  05:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is our only IH in this area. We have slowly gotten rid of the others. I keep asking the driver questions and the story has changed. Now I am told the 8 ways have never not operated. It has only been the blinkers and hazards that occasionally will not function correctly. Nothing like making things easy for me...

Edited by - n/a on 10/03/2018 05:52:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2018 :  1:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not had it on anything on the newer side- but the old IH's would act all kinds of crazy if a bulb was burned out. Could one not be making very good contact?

Again, not sure this is even a possibility with the newer trucks.
Go to Top of Page

underthebus

11 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  07:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit underthebus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a 2013 that was having strange body controller issues. long storey short, it was the trans. control module. They communicate on the same j1939 line. Replaced trans controller, all normal now.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2018 :  11:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IH uses it ESC located behind heater by pupil door this does it have the 8 way switch on steering wheel if so could be issue with clock spring under steering wheel (not sure if IH have these like the C2) but all steering wheel controls would go through this(horn too) any codes either on NEDS or DLB

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2018 :  03:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"n/a"??? Did someone delete the OP's account? I know I didn't.
Go to Top of Page

Shopdog

11 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  05:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shopdog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this was my account. I had to create a new user name. I did figure out the blinker. The blinker assembly was grounding to the body and that was making the blinkers not operate. if I removed it from the bus and left the wires connected all would work correctly as soon as I put screws into it I seen a spark and the blinkers stopped working. As far as the 8 ways goes I could not get them to not operate and when I asked the driver for clarification on what they were doing she said oh those work fine. just the blinkers and hazards were intermittent.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000