Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 maxxforce 7 emissions delete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  10:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone gotten fed up with the Maxxforce 7's and had them deleted? I have two of them and the dang money pits are taking funds away from the rest of the fleet. I am considering having them deleted since our state does not do emissions testing nor does it have any intentions of doing so in the near future.

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  10:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waverlybus

Has anyone gotten fed up with the Maxxforce 7's and had them deleted? I have two of them and the dang money pits are taking funds away from the rest of the fleet. I am considering having them deleted since our state does not do emissions testing nor does it have any intentions of doing so in the near future.

Love the idea, however even if your state does not do emissions testing or requirements, you may want to check with your state to ensure you are aloud to change the specs of the bus.

For example if you were to delete all the wonderful aftertreatment things and EGR stuff and something catastrophic happens and it is determined that the deletion caused the issue, then you and or who did it and authorized it now own the modification and the ramifications that could come with as a result of it.

In other words you could be held personally responsible should anything happen because the specs of the bus were changed.

Personally I would love to get rid of and delete all of mine, but I will not because of what I stated above. After all remember what that bus is hauling.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  10:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did it................. I deleted the whole bus!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  11:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I did it................. I deleted the whole bus!

I have 9 Maxx 7"s I'd like to delete

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  11:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I deleted my 09 maxxforce Dt. I'm in Canada tho and my province is the only 1 where it is not illegal. Best thing we ever did. Uses less fuel and no check engine lamps or derates in 2.5 years.
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Proof Diesel

8 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2018 :  09:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Proof Diesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gents, I hope I'm not breaking a rule against mentioning products - but we offer EGR cooler solutions for a number of the engines in the MaxxForce line. In fact, one of our most popular products is the H-Core equipped MaxxForce 7 EGR cooler for 2008-2010 applications.

The braided structure of the internal tubes allows for metal expansion in the case of a coolant problem. Rather than rupturing, the EGR cooler survives. You can pretty much install our EGR coolers and forget about them. Many offer a lifetime warranty.

Our MaxxForce EGR cooler customers include Nestle Foods, PepsiCo, CalFire, LA County Fire, and SEPTA. We've kept them happy!
If anyone would like more info, just PM me. My name is Jeff Dahlin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000