IC CE300 dash randomly comes on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  05:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen their dash clusters come on and stay on randomly on a 2017 or newer IC CE300? I have a bus that was delivered in Oct 2017, same bus title says it's a 2019.... dash is on randomly in morning when driver gets to bus... may be other times but...may not see it in daylight?

I was thinking it may be when bus updates? as this one has the on-command connect installed from factory... Dealer didn't have a good answer when I talked to them. other than pulling on command link to see if it stopped doing this.. So far this has not caused any issues, not throwing any fault codes or dead batteries, etc,etc.. I did pull the On command link out of bus last week and today driver said dash was on when they got to bus for pretrip... before I take it in to dealer wanted I want to bounce this off you all, if anyone had seen this before? to see if it was a common occurrence and possibly a normal one...?

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  05:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My buses of this vintage do it too at times.

I took that link thing out because it randomly beeps when it finds and loses wifi and drives the drivers nuts. We never did set the things up...probably should. Anyways...even with them gone, the cluster sometimes stays awake.

Though I do have Synovia plugged into the data port so you have me wondering about that possibility as a cause.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  09:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could the dash be somehow powered on when the driver opens the door to get in?

I have not experienced this, but do have some Chevy's that power on the odometer when the drivers door is opened. Similar thing here??
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  10:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not on mine due to the way the air door is configured...can't speak for others, especially if they have electric door.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  7:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may sound like a generic response, but it is a known issue for the clusters to intermittently illuminate and has caused batteries to drain in some cases. Worth a more in depth chat with your dealer service department, it's not a one off situation. I'm racking my brain to remember a conversation I had about this with someone. I don't believe there is an iKnow document or anything available in regards to the issue (a search doesn't show anything, but I may not be searching right.) Some speculation was that some component (Radio, telematics, camera system) was causing the cluster to power on.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2018 :  04:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had a call back from my dealers service manager after I left for the day yesterday, Got voicemail this morning. Stating that there is a Body controller update available from IC, that should address this issue. going to drive it to them today and have update done.. Said it only should take a few minutes to install, so will be able to do it between runs.. Pretty sure I will know in a couple days if it worked

Edited by - slippert on 09/19/2018 04:23:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2018 :  05:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had one where the trip reset button was getting stuck and not fully releasing, it was enough to wake up the dash just walking into the bus.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2018 :  6:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As of today after reflash and update of bus, This dash issue seems to be gone...fingers crossed!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000