New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  04:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The following is copy and pasted from another section. The original poster is Traveler.

I have a 2001 23' Internatioal Bluebird and was wondering what are the best shock absorbers for it?

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  07:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I've pondered this topic for several years. For a bus still in service transporting kids, I stay with OEM for liability reasons. If this machine is being used for any other reason, I wouldn't think anything about putting any shock on it that fits.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  08:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless the OEM is building those parts it doesnt make any sense to pay more $$$ for them. I crossed my shocks to monroe and gabriel and started buying them from rockauto.com for less than half what I was paying anyone else. Same with all my filters and other odds and ends.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  10:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krmvcs

Unless the OEM is building those parts it doesnt make any sense to pay more $$$ for them. I crossed my shocks to monroe and gabriel and started buying them from rockauto.com for less than half what I was paying anyone else. Same with all my filters and other odds and ends.

A lot of those numbers cross to a gas shock instead of OEM oil filled. I'm not willing to take that chance. As for filters, I have no issue with using any of them that are quality made.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  11:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We run the Monroe Gas Magnums on ours. We buy them from O'Reilly's.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000