New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  10:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iis it me or is the TBBonline website terrible it takes me for ever to find stuff if i can find it at all i have a 2007 minitor with a drw and with key off i still have power to everything in the bus the two main boards are powered up i pulled the main relay out and still the interior lights work the fans work heater motor emergency buzzers i am tryin to find out where it gets key power from and i cant find it on the website

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  10:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, I have no reason to be on there. Thankfully. Hope you can get it worked out

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  10:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not you - their website blows. Wiring diagrams are (theoretically) tied into the parts listings, but good luck figuring out which part to look under for your diagram. If any diagram actually exists...

BB is bad enough, but at least they have a list of all the diagrams you can shuffle through.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  12:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto. Most of my stuff is Thomas and I find I have better luck and spend less time tracing wires than trying to look up diagrams. Havent been on there for years now.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  4:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll agree, it's not the best, but I've got a pretty good grip on it. Occasionally I'll still have to call to find something. I like it much better than BB's website.

Edited by - BigPapa on 09/14/2018 4:48:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  5:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually have good luck finding what I need on TBB. It wouldn't help with the OP's issue, but Access Freightliner is also a good website to have access to if you are working on a FS-65 or C2

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  04:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had my thomas rep here on friday to show me an easy way to find what i am look in for and he had problems in the end he said good luck ugggg but i do usually find it easier and fast to just reverse enginer it but if they had better curcuit diagrams it would make life so much easier
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  05:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ford used to have EVTM publications. They were very simple illustrations of the electrical and vacuum systems. It was printed in a 8.5 x 14 format. Very nice!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  10:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more you use it the easier it becomes but still a pain in the butt. I almost always go to Bill of materials (BOM) listing and use the find feature (Control F) then type in the key word you are looking for. This can help but not always.. If this does not work I just call my dealer who always help me out.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  04:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u have a good dealer lol mine told me the same thing about the BOM then he said good luck after that lol like i saide i was looking for what powers up board one when u turn key on he said go threw all the wires with the test light and see which one is powered up with key on i said THANKS lol
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2018 :  11:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 57fan

The more you use it the easier it becomes but still a pain in the butt. I almost always go to Bill of materials (BOM) listing and use the find feature (Control F) then type in the key word you are looking for. This can help but not always.. If this does not work I just call my dealer who always help me out.

That's my SOP, too. I find it works well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000