Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 cummins ISB probs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2018 :  09:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2015 IH ICE bus that has had the aftertreatment "Temp" light come on every day since school has started when the driver brings the bus back to the barn. We always let it idle until it goes off assuming it has been performing a regen and the DPF is hot. It is starting to make me wonder what is going on with it. No faults for aftertreatment but I have been chasing a fuel pressure fault that has come up about every three days. I replaced the pressure sensor today because the engine off fuel pressure jumps around between 25-80psi thinking I may have a bad sensor. I am aware that the harnesses on these are known to have problems as well but wanted to try the easiest solution first.

Another thing this bus does is the when you let it idle for more than 30sec the idle jumps up to 1100rpm. I am aware that they are supposed to do it after a few min (10min?) but it seems to do it immediately. I do not see the parameter on INSITE to change this, does anyone know what they would call the parameter so I can change it?

Lastly I am unsure what would cause a pretty loud rattle/clunk when shutting the bus down. It seems to come from the front drivers side of the engine. I initially thought the unloader in the air compressor was not releasing but it does not seem to be the problem. fuel pump?

All of these problems have seem to come from nowhere after summer break. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  04:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I have a 2015 IH ICE bus that has had the aftertreatment "Temp" light come on every day since school has started when the driver brings the bus back to the barn. We always let it idle until it goes off assuming it has been performing a regen and the DPF is hot. "

This is normal when the bus is doing a regen. What you should do when the light is on, is drive it. If you let it idle until the light goes out, you stop the regen. Regen's stop when the road speed is less than 5 mph for 120 seconds.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  07:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RonF there are no lights on saying a regen is taking place before the driver pulls into the barn lot. The driver comes from dropping kids off at the high school two blocks away and she sits at the high school for 10min before coming back to the barn. The light does not come on at the high school but does at the barn lot. I have also ran two parked regens with INSITE since school has started thinking they have not been being able to complete themselves.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  09:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waverlybus

RonF there are no lights on saying a regen is taking place before the driver pulls into the barn lot. The driver comes from dropping kids off at the high school two blocks away and she sits at the high school for 10min before coming back to the barn. The light does not come on at the high school but does at the barn lot. I have also ran two parked regens with INSITE since school has started thinking they have not been being able to complete themselves.

The bus regens in the active mode, while your drive all the time and the indication that it is regening is the high exhaust temp light. WHen all is working correctly you will never know it's doing a regen.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000