Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 TPX Diagnostic Tool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crmech7

51 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2018 :  11:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit crmech7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our district is looking to buy some diagnostic software but we're not sure what would help us the most. We found the TPX SB School Bus diagnostic scan tool and it says it diagnoses Blue Bird, International, and Thomas. It basically lists everything you can think of in the description for only $1500. Does anyone have this to verify if it's any good?

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2018 :  04:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't use that specific product by TPX, but I do buy all of my diagnostic software and translation devices from them. Never had an issue.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  07:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does the TPX diagnostic tool have to be updated every year IE insite and navistar? and can u do ecu calibrations with it i looked it up and it didnt not say weather or not i had to be updated every year?
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  08:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

does the TPX diagnostic tool have to be updated every year IE insite and navistar? and can u do ecu calibrations with it i looked it up and it didnt not say weather or not i had to be updated every year?

yes you have to renew it every year. I'm not sure about calibrations though. You may need to call them on that.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

crmech7

51 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit crmech7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.tpxpowersource.com/fcar-truck-diagnostic-tools-c-125/tpxsb-school-bus-diagnostic-tool-p-852.html

Here is the link to the one we're looking at. It comes with 2 years of free updates, so yeah it'll have to be updated after that. And I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in there that it does calibrations
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  12:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i read that it says cailbration functionality not sure what that means but i find it hard to believe that cummins would allow someone else to do ecm calibrations other then insite if u purchase it let me no if it does do the calibrations
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000