Oil Types in busses.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TMOORSE

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  06:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Currently using 15w40 motor oil in our Cummins,DT 466,and VT 365 engines. Previous mechanic also used same mentioned weight oil in all of our 6.0 gas V8 mini vans,which call for 5W-30,and 7.3 Diesel Fords,and our 6.6 Duramax Diesels. What type weight of oil should I be using for my minis. Local driving,stop and go,no long on the road trips. Changing the oild at 6000 miles.
TIA

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  07:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to use the same weight in all my units. Since reading several articles about oil weights and why they are used, I switch to using what is called for in my gas and propane engines (synthetic in the propanes). However, I went with what my oil supplier recommended in my diesels (5w 40 synthetic).

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2018 :  1:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We run Rotella T5 10W-30 is every bus, and 05-20 synthetic from napa in all the gas engines. We found the T5 is an amazing oil. We push 12k oil changes and the engines are nice and clean inside.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000