Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2010 IC MAXXFORCE DT 07EPA --dpf temp to high
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2018 :  05:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a maxxforce dt engine throwing a dtc 2688 dpf over temp possible filter damage , the dpf and doc were replaced 6 months ago by another tech . on the isis diagnostics it lists dpf , egt2 temp sensor , exhaust restriction or over fueling as causes ..
If it is over fueling I take it that is a injector issue?? and they need replaced , engine runs fine , oil is Not overfilled but will do a visual but can imagine the dpf , sensors and exhaust are ok due to being replaced months ago .
So if it is over fueling during regen is that a injector issue I take it ? And should be replaced or am I missing something

Edited by - td083 on 05/24/2018 05:26:40 AM

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2018 :  09:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am not totally certain if you have same code I have had in past.... but so far all mine but one, that have had a code pop up stating "over temp possible filter damage" have been a bad temp sensor, or wiring to sensor issue... I do believe it was #2 sensor also....

The odd one that had same verbage about possible filter damage, also had codes for sensors 1,2 and 3 over/under temp,etc pretty much every code possible for sensors.... That one ended up being a DPF that was literally coming apart on back/outlet side... Material was crumbling inside DPF housing. I have had sensors go bad with in a short time(say months) after replacment, so to me doesn't matter if it was just replaced or not...still could be malfunctioning sensor

Whats you temp readings show on NEDS? if you have it...

Edited by - slippert on 05/24/2018 09:10:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2018 :  09:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea think I got it , I read the same that they were saying possible cause would be temp sensor 2 , which doesn't make sense to me that' the pre dpf sensor temp sensor 3 is after and would think that would be the sensor at fault ? But anyway I replaced sensor 3 and though **sensors one and 2 were replaced along with the doc and dpf a few months ago so I kind of ruled that out
--in ned all the temps match close at regular running , but unable regen at the moment to check regen temps , and am unable to duplicate any issue the dtc was inactive from the start
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2018 :  11:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The software is great when it works(school server locks me out at times)... may not see issue every time ,but most of the time when checking temps on Navistar software... I could see a variation from normal operation in one of the 3 temp senders or one would suddenly jump higher or lower than other 2 and set an active code at that moment... My DT motors have had very little issue with making oil or over fueling due to injector issues.... most of those problems have been after treatment related, went through a rash of DOC replacement on my 2007-08 motors that constantly made oil..... those same motors had lots of dealer warranty cannon parts shot at them prior to that for making oil
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2018 :  02:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know what , yea I forgot the relation between the regen and overfueling , Thanks...it seams like with the doc plug or other issues buses are constantly trying to regen while driving I guess causing the overfueling because there not seeing a response so they keep fueling the system .
Ok I will monitor them longer next time . At this point I left it at a replacement of the egt3 though the diagnostics listed egt 2 as a possibility , guess we will see what happens but felt 2 was already replaced and reading ok at the time ...Thanks for the response
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000