New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2018 :  06:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, driver calls me on the radio this morning saying that this trans won't shift out of 1st and the check trans light is on. I replaced the bell housing assembly because of the crack and we've put probably 3k miles on this since then. I have been trying to find a leak since last week and have determined it was the dipstick tube where it goes into the trans. At any rate, brought it in and checked codes. I has a P0776 which is "pressure solenoid B controlled clutch stuck off". Anyone know where this solenoid is and how I can test it?
Thanks

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2018 :  07:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Solenoid B is inside pan.... there is about 3 pages of info and testing in manual on that code, Simplest way I could send it would be E-mail... mine is listed on my profile shoot me your e-mail addy, if you want I can send you the pages...

Other wise if you have Allison DOC software? you can run a trans health and or clutch test with it.... from what I know generally when that code is thrown, it's because of a slip condition or not seeing pressure, desired for what ever reason, debris, worn parts, etc... You can pull pan an look for debris if you want.... but wouldn't be my first step, if it were mine
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2018 :  10:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it apart but had a spring and clip fall out. The spring cam from the plungers below this solenoid and it's sister. However, the clip came from one of the smaller solenoids. There doesn't seem to be a keeper on these, does anyone know why it would fall out?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000