Another valleybus man dumb question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  07:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2005 RE 300 with a DT466 . Yesterday driver came back from her run and told me the water in fuel light came on and then Transmission went out of gear . She looked at the touch pad and the gear light was flashing but bus was running .She selected N and then back to % and bus hesitated then went into gear . I had another driver say it happened to her also on a field trip .Then another driver came forward and said he had the same results . I figured transmission was acting up .So I used my trusty laptop and checked engine to see why the water in fuel light . Came up with a 626 DTC .So cleared it and went to move bus into the shop . Pushed the number 5 drive and bus wouldn't move . Looked at the console and it was flashing number 5 . I went to N and back and it moved and when I ran the service maxx again the DTC 626 came up again .So now I am thinking that the wiring to the ECM has dirty power .I had this same issue with a sister bus and had to rewire power to the ECM and the IDM because it did the same thing .Do you think I am on the right track ? Would losing the ECM cause the transmission to cut out ? Maybe it's engine related instead of transmission ? Sorry so long . Thanks

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  4:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't think I was asking a dumb question now :-) I did find one thing . While the bus was running I could move the relay wires for the ECM and have it set a code 626 and bus would stumble
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  4:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you check for codes using the shift pad? Do you have DOC? If so you might run a trans health report. MD3060?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000