New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  06:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just wondering what u guys do as far as removing the dpf to get cleanned out do u have them cleaned at a milage interval a time interval or do u wait til there is a problem??????

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  07:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've decided to send them for cleaning at 75,000 miles. With our fleet and operation, we are seeing them needing done at 100-120K, so we are going to try to get them before a problem arises.

I don't know that this will be a one-size-fits-all interval sort of thing. I could see a city school needing to do it before a rural school would, but alot depends on the driver and the level of use/abuse.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  07:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i have a bunch doing city and seeing no highway use so tryin to figure out whats the best way to go about it time or mileage
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  08:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We clean them as needed, of course YMMV. It's worked out good for us with all the city driving we do. Some will go a few years before needing any cleaning.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  11:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scheduled according to each manufactures recommendations, or if there is a problem.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bestguessrepairs

24 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  05:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit bestguessrepairs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you can stay on top of doing forced parked regens that will help out big time. Also any buses new enough that have SCR. Do a SCR performance test it takes longer and burns hotter. I also look at what my soot load reads after regen or performance test if its not down below one I do it again. Preventive maintenance goes a long way or as I refer to it as TLC. I suspect schools having issues on a regular basis is due to neglect. Also stay on top of your ECM updates if you can.

My buses get forced regen/scr performance test 2-3 times a year needing it or not needing it.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2018 :  04:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okguys thats good intel thanks so much
Go to Top of Page

1Dieselman

28 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  10:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit 1Dieselman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have buses with over 250,000 miles on them and have never removed a dpf to clean it but they all but one run a lot of daily miles. The one bus that is in town and never see's over 30 mph does get a manual regen every two weeks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000