New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  07:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys i opened this problem on anther post but i am still havin problems with a 2006 dt466egr it had a long crank problem and a run on after key was turned of so i founfd a bad puck and bad injector so i replaced all pucks and all 6 injectors it starts great now and it doesnt run on anymore until it sat over night then it would not start inhad good icp pressure and oil pressure i took fuel fuel out the bowl was kinda low so i filled bowl put cap on it fired right up drove it around ran great shut it down and it fired right up used it on a run it was great then it sat overnight an again no start i pumped primer no start still bowl was again little low so i was thimkin lift pump may be bleeding back slow put new pump on still when it sits overnight it wont start any ideas???????

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  07:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC part number 1842643C91 check valve goes in the filter housing I have had several of these go bad and have the issues you are having

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kewl thanks that wouldnt be part of the primer pump would it and just to verify this is not a maxxforce its adt466 egr
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  09:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its inside the primer cavity and yes dt not maxxforce

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  10:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks will order now
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  10:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took primer pump off to see the valve i see something in there but how does it come off do i need to take housing out and apart or do i need to take out the fuel warm from bottom of the bowl
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  10:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nevermind i see the jesus clip

Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  11:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the kit comes with a new one so when it goes flying

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  04:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok finally i put the new check valve in the fuel bowl put a new primer pump on fired it up started right up drove great ran a route with it ran perfect came in this morning crranked it it sgtart and stalled right howtried again long crank but finally started but ran very low with no throttle response i let it run like that for about a minute then all of a sudden it cleared out and was fine i basically rebuilt the intire fuel system but am still i believe having a fuel bleed back problem but can figure out from where ugggg
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  04:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an idea. IS the fuel hand primer leaking? Once had one that was sucking air in through the hand pump.
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  04:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
make sure the oring under the clip-on fuel supply line is not damaged as this is on the suction side it wont always show its leaking but can allow the fuel to leak backwards to the tank the fitting is replaceable and all you have to do to put the new one on is heat the fuel supply line with a heat gun then push the new one on when it cools off it will be all set

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  07:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i put a new primer pump on since i had to take off to replace the check valve i dont have that connector for fuel line i have to try and find it
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  04:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i put new connector on same deal runs great starts great all day but when sits over night hard to start if i give the primer one pump it fires right up loosing my mind on this one i took filter out and the fuel was pretty much at the top it was at least above the port where the fuel enters the bowl so i dont think now that its bleeding backthru line into tank. when its running the fuel pressure gauge shows bout 50 psi when i shut it down it bleeds down to zero in a few seconds is that right it always starts right up if i crank it again

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 04/20/2018 04:34:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How bad is the crank times the next morning? I'm trying to think of anything that could still be causing an issue but am drawing a blank. Personal Opinion is crank times of 30 seconds are acceptable in my fleet.

With the fuel bowl full and it only taking 1 pump to pressurize the system. I'm spitballing here but fuel pump is older so a little pressure reliefs back through it? Have you put it on a route to get it hot and working? maybe there is still some air trapped in it. I feel like it may be as good as it gets.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did put on route when it sitsover night the next morning u crank it and i wanna say 20 to 30 seconds it fires but runs really ruff and no throttle response it runs very low like its hard to explain very low rpm and no throttle response for about 45 seconds maybe then it all of a sudden staightens out now if i pump the primer before i start it it fires right up and no issue i no its not the high pressure oil side i have good pressure it gets to 1000 psi while cranking almost instantly again i put new pucks and injectors due to a bad oil ring on one of the pucks and one injector leaking down also replaced the primer pump lift pump and check valve i no they can crank long some times but this one is i thingk really long and the no throttlw repsonse and very low idle when it does start for at least 45 sec dont think thats right the driver would flip out if i gave it to them like that again it runs great all dal starts right up all day its just the sitting over night
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2018 :  04:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
finally got back to this one but i drove the crap out of ityesturday it runs great let it sit last night and this morning it fired right up so i am guess u guys where right it was just an air in system problem thanks again for all the help......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000