Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 How Bullet Proof Diesel's H-CORE EGR coolers work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bullet Proof Diesel

8 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2018 :  10:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Proof Diesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With patents now secured worldwide, we can now highlight the technology behind our H-CORE EGR cooler line. The internals of these EGR coolers are fundamentally different than conventional EGR coolers. Simply put: the Bullet Proof Diesel H-CORE EGR coolers are engineered to endure where others will fail.

Check out the video explanation here:
https://youtu.be/y1zuOgLHpgU

Edited by - Bullet Proof Diesel on 03/21/2018 10:14:06 AM

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2018 :  05:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My radar goes up when I see what appears to be an ad on here. However, this is a problem we have discussed here and I think most welcome the post. Very interesting design! I, personally, don't have many units that take this so was wasn't aware of exactly what was failing inside the cooler. Thanks for posting.

Here's their web page. If other admins disagree with me posting this, let me know. But I think this is the answer to a very real problem many of us have.

http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2018 :  07:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been replacing my EGR cooler on my 6.0/365's with bulletpoof ones. None have failed yet. 3 years and counting.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2018 :  08:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a red flag too this morning, but seeing how others here have discussed using these products, I let it go. Of course Admin and SBF's opinion are the only ones that matter at the end of the day.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2018 :  12:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as it is relevant to the discussion and is not too frequent, this type of product promotion is generally considered by SBF to be ok. If it becomes too frequent and forum members complain, then we can warn the poster in question so they have a chance to comply. If they don't comply, they will be locked out of the forums.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2018 :  2:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

As long as it is relevant to the discussion and is not too frequent, this type of product promotion is generally considered by SBF to be ok. If it becomes too frequent and forum members complain, then we can warn the poster in question so they have a chance to comply. If they don't comply, they will be locked out of the forums.

Gotcha!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2018 :  07:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i been using these coolers and out 365's and dt466 and have yet to have a problem i would say i put on at least a dozen and the oldest would be about 4 years i think and noreturn issues
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Proof Diesel

8 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2018 :  09:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Proof Diesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks admins! We were told this kind of occasional posting would be ok since we purchased the ad spot on the bottom of the forums.
We won't do it too often or otherwise abuse the privilege.
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be listings for Cummins ISB (or ISC, but I know those are a limited market) in school bus applications?

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

Bullet Proof Diesel

8 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  11:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bullet Proof Diesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's worth noting we want to hear from you! We are currently planning several additions to our EGR cooler line. If you don't see an application that you can use, get in touch with us - we may be interested to create a prototype for testing at no cost to you. We've actually been looking at the Cummins ISB.

Edited by - Bullet Proof Diesel on 06/26/2018 11:51:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  02:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just curious do they make these for the maxxforce dts , we seem to have a lot of repeat failures at times like within 2 years or so .
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  04:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe they do.

https://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/international-diesel-EGR-coolers-s/64.htm

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000