Bus fatality findings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  11:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is and article from the county I live in, not work in. I find the findings and lawsuit contradicting itself.

http://coastalcourier.com/section/139/article/91212/

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  04:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AH, sue for and lay blame on pedal misapplication despite the fact that a Vision has the two suspended, separated pedals (automotive style) that is supposed to solve that issue. The DCM is manufactured by Bendix, so I'm surprised they aren't named also.

We will have to try to follow this story.

Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  05:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have a couple 2017 visions, several drivers inc a mechanic have reported hitting the brake and gas at the same time while having boots on, saying the peddles are too close to each other.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  07:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

AH, sue for and lay blame on pedal misapplication despite the fact that a Vision has the two suspended, separated pedals (automotive style) that is supposed to solve that issue. The DCM is manufactured by Bendix, so I'm surprised they aren't named also.

We will have to try to follow this story.

My guess, they dont realize Bendix is the manufacturer. Sounds like they are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what will stick.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  09:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by exmod110

we have a couple 2017 visions, several drivers inc a mechanic have reported hitting the brake and gas at the same time while having boots on, saying the peddles are too close to each other.

Good to know. Next time I'm around one of that vintage I'll check it out. I wear a 14D and some of the old AA's with floor mounted pedals I can easily hit both at the same time if I don't watch it.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  11:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by exmod110

I have this problem with everyone of ours. I wear a 9 1/2 wide steel toe.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000