Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 bb vision bags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the part number for the Hendrickson drive axle suspension air bags on a Blue Bird Vision? Ours are 2012 models and I have a few that are starting to leak and I would rather get bags locally and not have to ship form BB. Thanks for any help

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  12:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.hendrickson-intl.com/PartsAndService/Truck-Literature

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  4:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never been able to source the BB bags anywhere else, even with the Hendrickson number right off a new unit. Must be captive numbers.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  07:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hendrickson p/n 60929-002
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  08:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try your Thomas or Freightliner dealer on that number - I'm showing $147.22 fleet price through their Paragon system, with discounts available depending on your pricing with your dealer.

Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  07:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by partsman_ba

Never been able to source the BB bags anywhere else, even with the Hendrickson number right off a new unit. Must be captive numbers.

BB is NOTORIOUS for having manufacturers make them a one-off part under a proprietary part number that you have to get from them. Even if it's not a proprietary number, all they'll give you is their part number.

When I first started here, I needed a belt and tensioner for a BB with a CAT. CAT didn't show the tensioner and I couldn't find the belt. All CS would give me was the BB number. I figured it would be a bit more expensive but not out of line so I ordered from them. At the time, we didn't get an invoice until the day after we received the part. I gave the parts to the tech when they came in and he installed them. The tensioner was in a CAT box with the part number on it and the belt was a Gates so I made note of the part numbers. The next day when I got the invoice I about fell out, $467.40 for the tensioner and $87.20 for the belt. They wouldn't take them back because I didn't have the boxes with their little yellow label on them because they got thrown away. The tensioner from CAT cost $175 and the belt from O'Reilly's cost me $40. Ever since then I do my best to get parts for my BB's from ANYONE but them. I've also built up a pretty good cross reference.
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All my tensioners are cross-referenced Gates (except the old A3 A/C one that's a Fenner Drive unit) since I can't get Dayco locally. Belts are all Gates, including that 3-rib fan drive one that I have to buy from the dealer (10014632).

Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  11:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received my new air bags that I ordered from our local Freightliner dealer. $136.46 each, and received them 3 days after ordering on regular stock order (no freight charge). Hendrickson bags P/N:60929-002.
Go to Top of Page

kummins

41 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  2:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit kummins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here's how to measure up an airspring, then take it to a local hd truck parts vendor to get it matched up... manufacturer is irrelevant.

also take a close look at the upper mounting plate on the chassis, many have slotted (oval) bolt holes so you could use a different airspring than the proprietary one. kenworth is famous for this.

the important measurements are 'fully collasped & fully open height, and the bolt pattern & air inlet location...

http://rsleafspring.com/%5Cresources%20firestone%5CN_America_Aftermarket_Replacement_Guide.pdf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000