Enter Forum: Just For Fun
 Opinions on Mass Shootings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  04:29:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, what opinions do we have out there on preventing these mass shootings?

I think until we address the mental issues with these people committing the crimes it will continue. The emotional appeals for new legislation are just that, an emotional response. It's obvious that the perps in these crimes have no regard for any law. There are already laws in place against what they're doing and that didn't stop them. How will making a new one be any better?

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  06:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
37 views in four days and no comments?
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  05:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't look at this section much (stay on the mechanic's forum) so didn't see this. The solution is plain and very simple. Much like a fire, we take many steps to prevent the problem. However, unlike a fire, we don't have the tools to "put out the fire" if it occurs. I'm not saying to arm every teacher (the Lord knows some/ several couldn't handle it) but at least train and arm some teacher/ custodian/ admin/ transportation personnel/ cooks. That's my two cents.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2018 :  08:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a touchy subject. I don't own a gun, don't want one but have nothing against people that do. New laws wont help, you need to enforce existing laws first. Help the people with mental health problems. Seems some people always slip through the cracks, but there were warning signs.
Some want to ban guns. If someone wants to do harm, they will find a way sadly. Knives, vehicles, planes, they will find a way :( Do we ban vehicle, planes?
But, not sure how big a difference it would make in the end, but do the guns available to the public need to be so powerful?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000