Drivers in the bays
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who has any regulations from OSHA pertaining to drivers not being in the shop or work area? I have looked and cannot find anything anywhere.

I know we all know this, but where is it written?

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
leather oil resistant work boots Safety glasses. And your not trained to be here. I had a battery leak on the floor and they missed up there shoes and pants. I told them 1st not the right shoes and your not trained to see hazards in here like I am
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  1:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there are rules . There are transportation employees and can be in there but need to be warned .If you come in here not responsible for clothes or shoes
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  1:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's policy here, no drivers in the shop period. But of course you have those that don't follow policy.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  3:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to fire up the 1 inch impact, the tire bead seater, angle grinder,blow the dust off the work bench and other tricks when I have had enough of them. I have to be sorta kind, as I count on the free cookies, cakes and gift cards for Christmas and my birthday.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  09:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kinda relates to this , just last week in Prince William county va a bus driver was killed by a bus backing out of the county Garage . I work at the neighboring county garage . Can be risky having drivers in and around the shop .

Edited by - td083 on 02/16/2018 09:40:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  10:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by td083

Kinda relates to this , just last week in Prince William county va a bus driver was killed by a bus backing out of the county Garage . I work at the neighboring county garage . Can be risky having drivers in and around the shop .

Exactly!!! I have been complaining about our drivers break area in the bay for the last 3 years now and the same day that driver got killed I almost hit one of our drivers as I was backing out of the bay. As of last Friday the drivers area has been removed.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  10:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea as it happens our county just had again got really strict on our back up policy due to back up collisions and what not , so we have to have another mechanic spot as we back up anytime period . And just a few weeks later this happens in a neighboring county
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000