Wiper motor gremlins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  06:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok so have a 2010 IC CE300 that seems to have a wiper motor that wants to run randomly, may do it it multiple times a days.... then work normally for days... of course never acts up when in shop or able to duplicate with wiggle test or moving wiring around...

I have seen this before on older bluebirds when wiper motor park contacts were getting bad or? normally new motor would cure them...

With this being multiplexed and having relays,plugs,connections,BCM and switch on steering wheel controlling function wondering if anyone has insight on a common failure area, before I chase my tail too much or start swapping parts..... switch? motor? or?

any input would be appreciated

Edited by - slippert on 02/09/2018 06:42:54 AM

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  06:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had that exact same issue once before and it drove me crazy. I finally found the issue at the steering tilt/column. Look there for a pinched harness from the turn signal switch.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  07:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you in the salt belt? Had one a year or so ago, if I remember correctly it was an exposed wire for the washer pump, somewhere around the steering box to the washer pump on the right side. Seemed when the roads were wet in the winter, salt spray would get on this wire, the BCM would there was a demand for the washer, and do a sweep with the wipers.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  09:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I remember, washer pump has power to it anytime key is on, operates by switching the ground on and off. Something funky happening in the ground circuit could cause wipers to sweep.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 02/09/2018 09:44:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  10:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as with fastback have had the same issue here and it was the harness to the pump

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  06:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I found a rubbed and partially corroded wire to washer pump at end of frame between bumper and frame on right side of radiator.... repaired that and will see if ghost goes away... pump was still working but could have been enough bare wire to cause a stray ground issue as it was on ground wire to pump... thanks for the ideas!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000