Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 dt466 surging at idle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  04:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all I know this has been brought up before I believe , but curious what you may have done to remedy a dt466 surging at idle
As it sits after a bit it goes up by 100 rpm and quickly drops again
I have heard some say its the vgt turbo causing this and also could be the hpo system maybe pump ? In the past we have tried to address these concerns usually with not much luck . This one seems to be a little worse than ones in the past so looking further into it , any suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks .

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  3:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We just had one doing the same thing . Turned out to be a IPR valve
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  02:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks valleybusman, yea actually that's what I replaced as I checked the history on the bus icp , injectors,icp and so on were replaced , the ipr was original , problem seemed to diminish quite a bit so it being a spare we shipped it .
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2018 :  7:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Unplug the exhaust back pressure sensor while running. If it goes away try a new sensor. Also go to IKnow topics and search surge at idle. There is a topic that addresses this issue. If you don’t have access to it send me your email address to schoolbuspm@outlook.com and I will send it to you.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  04:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK Thanks yea you know don't remember checking iknow guess I should have , the bus hasn't returned but Il give it a read ive had that issue with idle surging a few times in the past
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000