Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Electric buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering if anyone has started running any electric buses yet? If so, what type and what are your impressions so far? My district might be looking to go that route in the near future.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  4:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last one I saw any information on were $400k. Not a chance that I would even think of one at that price. I'm interested in the future of them but they will have to be in the $100k area and have a minimum of 250 mile range. 250 miles is still iffy for me though. It would be better to see 350.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2018 :  10:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, the price is outrageous and the range is way too low. It would cover all of my route miles but I wouldn't be able to send any out on a trip. We had a grant come through that gave you 3 with additional funding to set up and install charging stations. It also didn't require you to scrap any of your older buses either so it wasn't a bad deal if you could use them. I need to have a bus that is 84 pass and, like you said, at least 300-350 mile range. When I checked the largest capacity was 76 and had a 85 mile range.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000