New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  09:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Child Discipline; Should we stay with what has worked for thousands of years, or should we try something new and unproven! Get ready, get set.................GO!!

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  09:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, since it got locked before I had a chance to say it, "Spare the coffee, spoil productivity."

With that out of the way, I think it comes down to preference. I was spanked and later in life my dad said it broke his heart to do it. But after that first time all he had to do was mention the belt. I think I turned out alright. I am a mechanic though so maybe there is something to that. :D

Also, we seem to be living in this new outrage culture where every topic is spun out into ridiculous proportions and everyone seems to think that they have a moral high ground. Often and as with this last thread, a single word or phrase sparks someone to make assumptions and conclusions about someone they dont know, and infer things about them that are not true. Personally I think that if people spent less time being nosy busy bodies and more time having respectful and meaningful (especially concerning uncomfortable topics) conversations we would all not only get along better, but would actually come up with answers.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  10:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krmvcs

First, since it got locked before I had a chance to say it, "Spare the coffee, spoil productivity."

With that out of the way, I think it comes down to preference. I was spanked and later in life my dad said it broke his heart to do it. But after that first time all he had to do was mention the belt. I think I turned out alright. I am a mechanic though so maybe there is something to that. :D

Also, we seem to be living in this new outrage culture where every topic is spun out into ridiculous proportions and everyone seems to think that they have a moral high ground. Often and as with this last thread, a single word or phrase sparks someone to make assumptions and conclusions about someone they dont know, and infer things about them that are not true. Personally I think that if people spent less time being nosy busy bodies and more time having respectful and meaningful (especially concerning uncomfortable topics) conversations we would all not only get along better, but would actually come up with answers.

Good points! One reason we have so much trouble today is that we are less loving and more gossip oriented. We must follow what has been tried and only cautiously follow a "new" way of doing things. We are talking the future of the republic here.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  1:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a couple years ago, I was walking through the dispatch office, heard a frantic driver radio in warning they were going to get a call from a parent as the driver just hit a child (open hand finger slap type hit). A few seconds later the phone rang, I could hear a lady yelling but could not make out what she was saying, went on for about a minute, then the dispatcher starting laughing and hung up. I said I guess that wasn't the parent.
She said no, it was her. I said but you are laughing. The parent told her to tell the driver, if he ever did that again she should hit him again LOL. Turns out he was at the back of the bus showing the girls his privates LOL

I think the big misunderstanding is when people say hit, everyone has a different degree of hit in mind.
Myself and everyone I grew up with got a smack now and then to get our attention, non of us are violent people, angry people.

But as others have mentioned, I do not agree with hard hitting, hitting out of anger etc.

Well said Ken

Have a good weekend all
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  1:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute, this is in the just for fun forum, does that mean we should hit people just for fun????

Sorry, I had to be the one to blow this all out of proportion ;) LOL
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

Wait a minute, this is in the just for fun forum, does that mean we should hit people just for fun????

Sorry, I had to be the one to blow this all out of proportion ;) LOL

LOL That's funny, I don't care who you are!! Personally, I think a good paddling never hurt anyone. Most times you never have to do it more than a handful of times until the child learns. Just like we complain that bad drives/ mechanics/ TDs make us look bad, I'd say bad parents have made corporal punishment look bad.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  05:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....as far a depends on you.....
http://untribune.com/the-51-countries-that-have-banned-corporal-punishment/
For @bigpapa
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  05:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's an interesting study in human nature to see how the one person here who thinks any striking of a child is wrong is labled by others.
Bryan used a bible inspired quote to advocate striking children. What is a ROD?
Bryan said hitting with a paddle is ok because the bible told him so.
It is a fact that some kids who are hit as kids grow up to be fine productive adults. It is also a fact that kids who were never struck by parents grow up to be fine productive adults.
Is it necessary to hit kids to raise productive healthy adults? I don't believe it is.
Ridicule me if you wish, it is just a deflection of the hard subject at hand and the the easy way out.
51 countries in the world have made physical punishment illegal.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  05:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't think a reasonable thinking man would ridicule you. I would argue facts with you though. I like to look at trends as well. 300 years ago there wasn't a form of government like ours either but we did it and the world is better for it. At the onset the general consensus was that it couldn't be done. After a couple of false starts and failures we, for the most part, got it perfected. I would argue, if there hadn't been some real results in line with what our founders envisioned (and some before them), then we would have abandoned this line of logic and moved on to something more conventional (for the time). I believe if we use that logic then the notion of no God and not paddling your children (among other things) would be thrown on the scrapheap of history and we'd go back to something that is known. I have seen too many otherwise good children ruined because they weren't disciplined. Now, I'll give you, if they would just try anything they would be better off. I think the main problem we have today is that a lot of parents aren't using any rhyme or reason for disciplining their children. They'd rather let electronics and other influences guide their child. It may be an overall philosophy that has been lost on parents today. You can see it in the NFL players that sit during the national anthem. It's not so much the act of sitting, it's the thought that you want to set a trend toward a system of government that hasn't proven to work in the past. Same with child rearing, parents don't pause to think that they are affecting hundreds of people directly (their offspring in a few decades). Our society has decided they are going to live short term. Gone are the sentiment of "our posterity". That phrase is lost on most today. I really believe it stems from not studying and taking seriously the pursuit of a relationship with God and having sympathy with the people that will be here after we are gone from this earth. You can also see this in our national debt. Our founders believed that each generation should take care of their own actions and not leave a burden to their posterity. That is no longer a thought to most who vote. As one of our founders said he feared, we have learned to vote ourselves money from the treasury. To wrap up this thought, I truly believe everything we are seeing today it tied together. The common thread is the lack of following the teachings in the Bible. I know that seems simplistic to some, so be it.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  05:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't this fun?!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  08:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Isn't this fun?!

If it wasn't fun you wouldn't have started this.
Your long post, disjointed, manages to mix religion and politics in a swirl of confusion.

How old are your kids?

Can you describe the paddle you use to hit them?

What act constitutes a paddling?

I'm really interested.

Do you personally think you can raise a well adjusted, fully functioning child to adulthood without paddling them?

Can you honestly say you've never paddled your kids out of frustration or in some level of anger?

What emotions do you think your child experiences during and after an episode of corporal punishment?

Fear; feeling afraid. Other words are terror (strong fear), shock, phobia

Anger; feeling angry. A stronger word is rage.

Sadness; feeling sad. Other words are sorrow, grief (a stronger feeling, for example when someone has died) or depression (feeling sad for a long time). Some people think depression is a different emotion.

Joy; feeling happy. Other words are happiness, gladness.

Disgust; feeling something is wrong or dirty

Trust; a positive emotion; admiration is stronger; acceptance is weaker

Anticipation; in the sense of looking forward positively to something which is going to happen. Expectation is more neutral.

Surprise; how one feels when something unexpected happens

Edited by - second.flood on 12/09/2017 08:08:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  11:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Again there is no way to honestly study this topic it does what studies love to do , grab a catchy headline while using large generalizations trying to make there point, were you abused as a child ?
Subject A --yes - was spanked 10 times for egregious acts --example --hitting his mother , bucking up to dad , stealing , hit his teacher at school etc....
Subject B ---yes raised by an alcoholic father watched his mom get beaten and he also was punched , kicked and hit with anything, anywhere for any reason
While i agree with you kids can turn out to be fine adults spanked or unspanked , i disagree that done correctly it causes some irreversible harm to a persons emotional well being later in life . And if you are truly curious go to your kitchen and grab your finest wooden spoon that my friend is the tool of spankings .
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  12:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This story took me by surprise, but not to the person it happened to. A few years back at Ford training, there was this fellow, a punk type dude, those earrings that enlarge the ear lobes. Don't get me wrong, I a not judging. Everyone starts with a clean slate with me. Anyways he was always on his cell phone, texting playing a game I don't know or care, before and after class, during breaks. Anytime he had something to ad to the conversations others were having, the phone was put aside, anytime a questions or comment was made to him, the phone was put down, he just knew, you didn't have to mention his name to get his attention, he was very aware of his surroundings. Somehow as mechanics always get on this subject???? we were talking about abuse. He told his story, when he was about 6 yeas old, he was sitting on the kitchen counter, his father cam into the room, held his arms out and said jump. So he jumped, his father pulled his arms back and he fell on the floor. His father said, "never trust anyone" and walked away. Myself, and I am sure many of you are saying, WTF. So I started to question him on his current relations with his father, he said the are now, and always have been great. His life before and after with his father were, are great, his family was filled with love, and even after that episode, he trusted his father, he stated he was just trying to teach him a lesson, the best way he knew how as he had to be shown things to learn, not just told. I asked if he would ever do that to his child, he said probably not. He had no hard feeling towards his father.
It is the whole package that shapes the child, not just a single moment.
I will never forget a comment Judge Judy made, 95% of all problems are caused by an outsider that doesn't understand the situation. Most people involved don't see a problem, it is the outsider that doesn't take the whole picture into account that comes up with , you should, you should have bla bla bla. Coming back to mind your own business!!! Keep you nose out of other people business unless YOU UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE STORY. You cause more harm than good !!! Knowm im sayin :)
Most people involved, just want to move on with their life and don't see the problem you are trying to create.
The child found in the wild, raised by wolves, until they are found, and modern society gets hold of them, there was no problem, that is all the child knew and accepted, now that they are found, there is a problem. Go figure.
Stop lying to you yourself and you children making them believe we live in a perfect society, you will never be harmed or wronged, we don't and likely never will. Tell them the truth and prepare them for their life ahead.
And that is all I have to say about that ! For now :)
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  12:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ANy study done today, will be proven wrong tomorrow. How many times in you life has it switched between butter or margarine is better for you? There needs to be a study, to see if studies actually mean anything. I base things on what I have learned or seen in life.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  04:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by td083

Again there is no way to honestly study this topic it does what studies love to do , grab a catchy headline while using large generalizations trying to make there point, were you abused as a child ?
Subject A --yes - was spanked 10 times for egregious acts --example --hitting his mother , bucking up to dad , stealing , hit his teacher at school etc....
Subject B ---yes raised by an alcoholic father watched his mom get beaten and he also was punched , kicked and hit with anything, anywhere for any reason
While i agree with you kids can turn out to be fine adults spanked or unspanked , i disagree that done correctly it causes some irreversible harm to a persons emotional well being later in life . And if you are truly curious go to your kitchen and grab your finest wooden spoon that my friend is the tool of spankings .

Wait? You use a wooden spoon to hit your kids?
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  04:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

We are now in a position to discuss the important issue of physical punishment – because physical punishment of a child stirs up precisely the feelings one does not want. In general, one wants to elicit interest and enjoyment. Physical punishment stirs up distress, anger, fear, and shame.

Overview of Physical Punishment

Physical punishment is a major public health problem in this country. Approximately 60% of adults still approve of physical punishment, despite compelling evidence that it does not work, it makes things worse, and there are effective alternatives.

Physical punishment involves the use of physical force with the intention of causing the child to experience bodily pain or discomfort so as to correct or punish the child’s behavior. This includes spanking, hitting, pinching, paddling, whipping, slapping, and so on.

Spanking is a euphemism for hitting. One is not permitted to hit one’s spouse or a stranger; these actions are considered assault and battery. Why in the world should one be permitted to hit a smaller and even more vulnerable child?

Studies show that children who are hit identify with the aggressor and are more likely to become hitters themselves, i.e. bullies and future abusers of their children and spouses. They tend to learn to use violent behavior as a way to deal with disputes.

If hitting a child is not wrong, then nothing is wrong.

Research on Physical Punishment

The data in this area have recently been summarized by Elizabeth Gershoff (Report on Physical Punishment in the United States, 2008) and Susan Bitensky (Corporal Punishment of Children, 2006). The evidence shows that physical punishment is stunningly deleterious at every developmental level.

Meta-analyses of hundreds of studies document that physical punishment is associated with: verbal and physical aggression; delinquent, antisocial, and criminal behavior; poorer quality of parent-child relationships; impaired mental health; and later abuse of one’s own spouse and children.

The International Community and Physical Punishment

Internationally, there is increasing consensus that physical punishment of children violates international human rights laws. Several United Nations treaties address violence towards children, with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC or the Children’s Convention, adopted in 1989) presenting one of the most comprehensive cases regarding the prohibition of physical punishment of children.

The United States has not banned physical punishment, but approval of physical punishment in the United States has declined gradually and steadily over the past 40 years. The United States has signed, but not ratified, the CRC.

Significantly, 37 countries have now prohibited physical punishment in all settings, including the home. United States is not one of them. Among these countries are Sweden, Germany, Spain, Greece, and Venezuela. The laws and consequences tend to be more educative (about development) than punitive. More than 100 countries have banned physical punishment in the schools. Remarkably, in the United States, physical punishment in schools is still legal in 19 states.

Effective Alternatives to Physical Punishment

There exist a variety of programs and alternatives which provide parents with greater understanding of their children’s development, present strategies which can lead to less violent behavior in children and adults, and decrease the frustration and helplessness in parents which often lead to physical punishment. A detailed presentation of alternatives to physical punishment is contained in the American Psychoanalytic Association’s 2013 Position Statement on Physical Punishment: www.apsa.org. > Click here to read the 2013 — Position Statement on Physical Punishment.

Here we will highlight what are perhaps the two most important alternatives to physical punishment.
1.Use words to explain your feelings.
Use words to label your child’s feelings.
The influence of language begins long before the child can talk (Vivona, 2013). In other words (ha!), listen to your child and talk with your child.

2.Set a good example.
These identification processes – preverbal and verbal – are among the most important factors in the formation of character structure and psychological health (Gedo, 2005). Act and talk as you would want your child to act and talk. Your child strives to be like you.

Summary

The American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Psychoanalytic Association are among many national and international organizations which have comprehensive position statements calling for a ban on physical punishment and describing effective alternatives. The American Academy of Pediatrics concludes: “Corporal punishment is of limited effectiveness and has potentially deleterious side effects. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that parents be encouraged and assisted in the development of methods other than spanking for managing undesired behavior.”

From a public health perspective, three issues are crucial to decreasing physical punishment: education (about infant and child development); legislation (to aid parents who are at risk and to protect the children); and continued research (especially on the alternatives).

A concerted effort to decrease smoking in the United States was begun in the 1960’s, with the result that the prevalence of smoking has been cut in half. We need a similar public health initiative to do the same with physical punishment. Public health goals of preventing problems and enhancing potential are ideally suited to dealing with the dilemma of physical punishment of children.

If we truly want a less violent society, not hitting our children is a good place to start.

References for Interested Readers
•American Academy of Pediatrics – Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health (1998). Guidance for Effective Discipline. Pediatrics 101: 723-728.
•Bitensky, SH (2006). Corporal Punishment of Children: A Human Rights Violation. Ardsley NY: Transnational Publishers Inc.
•Gedo, J (2005). Psychoanalysis as Biological Science: A Comprehensive Theory. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins Press.
•Gershoff, ET (2008). Report on Physical Punishment in the United States: What Research Tells Us About Its Effects on Children. Columbus OH: Center for Effective Discipline.
•Vivona, JM (2013). Is there a nonverbal period of development? Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association 60: 231-265.

Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  05:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
td083, explain how physical punishment is done correctly? I'm not being a smart ass, I seriously want to know.

Bwest, at what age is it ok to start paddling kids, and at what age do you stop?

Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  05:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My last reply here boys. I realize that there is a romantic old school lovefest going on here about hitting children. It seems also that the bible is used as a justification to hit kids and that trying to argue with a fundamentalist evangelical is generally pointless, take Roy Moore and Donald Trump as examples. The bible as justification to hit children.... let that sink in for a moment. On a positive note, Alabama just outlawed school employees from hitting students, Alabama!

I would NEVER hit my dog, so I damn sure will never hit a defenseless child. Period.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  06:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The wooden spoon was the tool of the trade my parents used when i was a child . Again just arguing these so called studies are useless as it groups (physical punishment ) together as one as pointed out above in subject A subject B argument, i think anyone who reads this objectively can clearly see this . A quick search of the interwebs and you will find there are many child psychologists who vehemently argue that it can be used as proper form of punishment for kids, but in a day in age where kids are tought about 37 genders and no one knows what bathroom to use, what age they should learn about lgbtqz rights i can clearly see why there is some confusion on raising kids and what constructs proper parenting or not .

Edited by - td083 on 12/10/2017 08:16:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  2:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, for how many years have we been use to, and purpose served well by the red emergency "exit" sign? Well, it seems with the children today and their poor upbringing, instead of teaching them, we cater to them, it doesn't make sense to them?. Have you noticed the emergency exit signs are now a green man, sorry, green person, running. In the good old days we seem so much smarter and able to deal with and understand the things in front of us.
Stop trying to do everything for your children, they need to learn on their own, from their own experiences, like you did. Good gawd all mighty, teach them the red emergency exit sign means go here, the red does not mean harm. Yup, that apparently is the reason for the change. Next time you want to blame todays children, stop, blame the parents for not edumacatin their children :)

i love the story my dad use to tell. He lived on a small farm in a small community, he had to walk 40 miles to school, up hill both ways. His dad made the leather straps used in the schools for misbehaviour. My grandfather never suspected his boys were the first ones to have the straps tried out on them. All his children turned out to be well respected persons of the community
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2017 :  1:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

My last reply here boys. I realize that there is a romantic old school lovefest going on here about hitting children. It seems also that the bible is used as a justification to hit kids and that trying to argue with a fundamentalist evangelical is generally pointless, take Roy Moore and Donald Trump as examples. The bible as justification to hit children.... let that sink in for a moment. On a positive note, Alabama just outlawed school employees from hitting students, Alabama!

I would NEVER hit my dog, so I damn sure will never hit a defenseless child. Period.

Ask Roy and Donald if they were "physically disciplined" as children and get back to us.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  05:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

trying to argue with a fundamentalist evangelical is generally pointless, take Roy Moore and Donald Trump as examples. The bible as justification to hit children.... let that sink in for a moment.

Maybe that's because they're well grounded in their faith of what works for them and the experience of what faithless living has brought to others in their life. The downturn of society began when the Bible and prayer were removed from schools. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I personally find the opposite to be true, trying to argue with a liberal mindset is pointless. It truly seems to be a mental disease.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  07:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapa

quote:

trying to argue with a fundamentalist evangelical is generally pointless, take Roy Moore and Donald Trump as examples. The bible as justification to hit children.... let that sink in for a moment.

Maybe that's because they're well grounded in their faith of what works for them and the experience of what faithless living has brought to others in their life. The downturn of society began when the Bible and prayer were removed from schools. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I personally find the opposite to be true, trying to argue with a liberal mindset is pointless. It truly seems to be a mental disease.

Arguing/discussing is only pointless if no one is willing to change their mind.
As for the other thing, the separation of church and state is the one thing that allows anyone to practice whatever they like and protects everyone from any particular religious group. "Taking bibles and prayer out of schools" this only applies to the public institution. As with the discussion about child discipline, my position is that people should be able raise their kids however they like. Im going to raise my kid as I see fit based on my values, and one of those will be to not judge someone else living their life as they wish to in a free society.
p.s. Kiddo is only 10 months so we dont know what were doing yet as far as discipline.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All this used to be common sense. Guess that "sense" isn't so common now. Second.Flood, you and I aren't going to change each other's minds. I have plenty to come back to you with but it is pointless. If we could both have an open mind, I'm sure there is plenty out there to read on each other's position. Mine is backed up by thousands of years of application, yours is not. The track record of your method has had a pretty choppy start.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is amazing. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by BigPapa

quote:

Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  09:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I challenge you to convince me that paddling (your words) a child somehow improves the child without the use of fairy tales.

Please supply your empirical data that striking children has improved society for thousands of years.

Quite possibly, if adults had not been beating children into submission for the last two thousand years, society wouldn't be so effed up right now.

My hope is this dialogue will have you take an extra pause before the next paddling.

quote:
Originally posted by bwest

All this used to be common sense. Guess that "sense" isn't so common now. Second.Flood, you and I aren't going to change each other's minds. I have plenty to come back to you with but it is pointless. If we could both have an open mind, I'm sure there is plenty out there to read on each other's position. Mine is backed up by thousands of years of application, yours is not. The track record of your method has had a pretty choppy start.

Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  10:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
second flood you need a spanking ...you lack self control... you said 4 days ago was your last reply lol
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  1:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by td083

second flood you need a spanking ...you lack self control... you said 4 days ago was your last reply lol

Dammit you're right! Lol
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  1:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about noogies, Indian rubs, wedgies?
allowed or forbidden?
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  04:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

What about noogies, Indian rubs, wedgies?
allowed or forbidden?

I'd say as long as they're not being used as punishment you're all good.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  05:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But they can hurt more than a slap ;)
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  09:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would rather had my mama slap me than to give me some of the LOOKS she gave me.

There was once when I was about 14, we were getting ready for school and I had done something I shouldn't have, probably to one of my brothers. Mama started fussing at me and I yelled something hateful to her, no cursing, just something hateful, I don't even remember what it was. She didn't say another word, a HUGE tear rolled out of her left eye and she went to her bedroom and shut the door. It still hurts me to know that I made my mama cry.

Edited by - BigPapa on 12/20/2017 09:59:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  07:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, words and looks can be just, or more painful than a slap.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000