Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2009 International CE 466 PLEASE HELP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bayers@travisusd.org

2 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  3:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit bayers@travisusd.org's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
I have an International CE 466 S Bus with a hard starting issue. In the mornings when I try to start this bus, it just turns over and over never starting with the yellow triangle appearing on the dash. After many attempts it finally starts and then runs fine. It just doesn't do well after sitting for very long. I noticed when I open the filter cover and remove the filter, there is no fuel. When I try to manually fill the filter housing, it just drains back into the tank. I've changed the filter housing, the pressure regulator and fuel lines. Any ideas?

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  05:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have any diagnostic software to check to see what's going while cranking?

Edited by - JoeHEB1 on 11/02/2017 05:10:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

bayers@travisusd.org

2 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  06:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit bayers@travisusd.org's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have good pressure, its saying that I have a clogged fuel filter but it is brand new, along with the filter housing, low pressure pump, and the pressure regulator. Oh and I also replaced the gas cap thinking it was an overall pressure issue. When I finally get the bus running after turning it over about 10 or 12 times with long cranking sessions I get great fuel pressure both high and low.
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  06:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello we had a 466 a while back same sort of scenario. Very hard start morning, low or empty housing. Same as you we replaced the pump mechanical, hand pump, then the complete housing. We even piped in a supplement fuel supply thinking we had a leak on the supply line sucking air. I then noticed on leaving it for say 2 hours it would start but have a miss right off for a bit. Narrowed it down to specific cylinder with the scanner. We had a leaking injector pumping air into system and then allowing the fuel to drain out. New injectors was the cure. The one injector was all clean on the end, the other 5 had carbon on the tips, pretty sure that one was the issue. We chased our tail for couple weeks before we figured it . I would make sure the supply side is good with no leaks, if that's the case may be heading to some injectors.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000