New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  10:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i stRTED THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD BUT i am having head scratching problem with this 08 dt466 i had a no start and it was due to a missing crush washer on bottom of injector than melted orings and caused a mess but i since fixed that problem now it starts but i have a misfire or dead hole cylinder 1the orginal problem was in cylinder four that one is fine i swapped injectors and still dead i did compression check all good 475 the valves move nice and free i pumped the primer pump and fuel flows smooth to that injectorthere is nothing jamed in the puck it locks open an clean am am lost as to y this cylinder is dead any ideas????????

drp53188

89 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you drive it to purge the air out of the rail ??
somtimes it takes a few miles.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no i haent done that i have never come across a dead hole when doing injectors i have had them run ruff at first at idle then straighten out this one i let idle for 5 minutes and its just dead the problem is i have the doc and dpf of had to send them out cause they where fuel of fuel and sludge from the initial problem so i cant drive it with just a down pipe lke i said u think itsjust air makin it dead ??????
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  10:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had #1 cylinder misfires caused by injector wiring shorting to underside of rocker cover.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  12:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a new valve cover gasket and it passes the buzz test and no codes come up of cylinder one misfiring i no its 1 because i am killing the cylinders and cylinder one doesnt change
Go to Top of Page

drp53188

89 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  10:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now and then we get one that wont purge the air out till you drive it.
You said you swapped #1 injector are you sure the valve cover connectors are seated all the way ?
If it`s dead like you say i will set a misfire code , is the engine warning light on when running ? Something don`t right.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  05:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes the connectors are down and tight the pins are all good and thats whats killin me its not setting any codes but when i have it idling it shakes andif i shut the cylinder down with laptop there is no change where everyother cylinder there is a change again the compression is good the valve are moving free there is fuel going right to injector when i had it out i used the primer pump and as i pumped fuel shot out again i cant drive it yet waiting for doc and dpf to come back from getting cleaned
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  10:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with what drp53188 is saying , just wait and install your doc and dpf drive it then check
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE i finally got the doc and dpf back the DPF ended up being bad so got a new one took for ever but anyway i put it all together took it for a ride and straightened out pretty quick once on rooad so again u guys where right but it puffs blueish smoke every now and then could that be from the new DPF or maybe fuel in the exhaust i cleaned the turbo it was fuel of fuel and the down pipe was soaked wit fuel i took that out a cleaned it out just hopin it is still some fuel in the rear pipes but i drove it for a while so not sure what u guys think
Go to Top of Page

drp53188

89 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  10:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like i said drive it , get it out on the interstate and drive it hard and move on to the next problem child.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  07:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok will do thanks again guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000