New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  09:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok at first glance this seemed cut and dry and now not so much drive called bus died smoked real bad then died i got there and there was no fuel pressure i pumped the primer few times and it fired up and died so i towed it in figuring it was the lift or low pressure pump i put it in it again cranked and started then stalled it did this a few time then when i went to crank again the motor locked up iand i noticed there was fuel coming from out between the turbo and manifold gasket ALOT so i then thought stuck injector so i started pulling injectors to see if there was fuel in cylinders all where good til i got to number 4 it wont come out now mind u these injectors where put in about a month ago but i used a prybar tryin to get this thing out and it wont budge so i am assuming i found the problem hole but any ideas on how to get this out and y its stuck

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  12:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is just a guess but maybe the injector tip fail and came apart. not its smashed by the piston top and locked in place.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i finally got it out it looks like the crush washer on bottom of injector fail because the injector was black and the orings melted making it stink in the hole
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2017 :  06:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got new injector in but still wont start it starts if i pump the crap out of the primer and i guess ones it runs out of fuel it shuts off it only runs for few seconds the fuel pressure comes up on my gauge and laptop to about 65 so i cant figure out y its not getting fuel it only shows ten pounds when i crap it then if i pump primer to get it to 60 it will start and stay at 60 but still shut down any ideas
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2017 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
those have the mechanical fuel pump on the hp oil pump, common failure here.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2017 :  03:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i replaced that ended up just being that the exhaust wasfuel of fuel and sludge i am guessing from injector being stuck i took doc off an sludge poured out i tried starting it with exhaust off and it fired right up but now i still have a dead hole cylinder number one i need to do a compression check but have to figure out hoe to shut off the hpop so it doesnt shoot oil everywhere why i am cranking any ideas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000