04 IC bus amp guage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
807 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I replaced the circuit board on RE 300 . After I was done I checked all the guages . The amp guage would go to the plus side when I turned the key on . After I started bus the needle would go to the minus side . Could something be backwards on the board ? If so how would I tell if it is backwards or a defective gauge ? Thanks

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  6:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my older ThomasER buses I would suspect I got the shunt wires backwards. I don't have any RE's of your vintage so I'm not sure how your system is set up. I did a word search on one of my 09 RE's and "Shunt" didn't even come up...

Not your symptoms, but IK2200061 talks about 2 ammeter sensor circuits (K2C and K2D) off the alt.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2017 :  08:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, but just a thought, were there any jumpers on the replacement circuit board, and if so,were they double checked for proper position?
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
807 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2017 :  4:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think what happened was the dash was torn apart with the gauges on the floor apart . I think it got knocked around and moved needle . I checked amps and they were great so I repositioned the needle and it reads correctly . Thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000