Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 INFO connecting ford ids to bb roush v10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  06:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if any one has run into this but we have our first customer with a bb vision with the gas v10 roush engine in it. We have a oem ford ids scanner in shop so the first time it came in I tried to hook up and no way[it auto ids 99% of the time]. So I tried our snapon solus. What I found was I could hook up my snapon solus and punch in a e450 v10 and then I could access the engine/trany through the obd2 connector. To get brakes I had to hook up my wabco software through the 9 pin round connector. I finally found the procedure to hook up the IDS to the bus. The ids on pretty well all fords is just hook up and it auto detects and is vin specific. Any way the procedure is first go to the pcm
manual enter screen in the IDS then Type PBBB into the first blank box , tab
over to the next empty box and type in AA. Hit enter and your
into the engine/trany oem computer. Tryng to get in using
f550/f650 does not work because it only lists Cummins, cat
or int and I believe that's if you are going to use the
round HD connector. This connection was done through the obd 2
connector. The wabco brakes is handled through the 9 pin not the odb2 connector. I figured I would post it just in case some one runs into the same problem.

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  07:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this. We are set to get 2 Blue Bird gassers this year, and this may be very helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

jczanstke

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  04:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit jczanstke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, We have one BB gas now and are set to get 16 over 3 years. Lets hope they are soild buses, and moves us away from diesel. We are a small district 36 buses total.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  05:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jczanstke

Thanks for the info, We have one BB gas now and are set to get 16 over 3 years. Lets hope they are soild buses, and moves us away from diesel. We are a small district 36 buses total.

I'm curious as to why gas and not propane? I'm scared of gas. Just don't like that large flammability window.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000